Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Summerfield Church

A large two story cream city brick church building built for the downtown Methodist congregation. When the new church was built in 1904 at Juneau and Cass, this building was sold to the Knights of Pythias. It was bought by the City in 1940 and torn down with the widening of East Kilbourn Ave.

Architect: Southwell, George Jr

Year Built: 1857, Year Demolished: 1940

Address History:
199 Biddle St (1857 - 1929)
E Kilbourn Ave (1930 - 1940)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, March 31, 1940


Record Update: 2009-09-18

Picture: