Building History Detail
Eighth Street School

A three story cream city brick schoolhouse with fourteen classrooms and built of a basic design. It cost $45,000 to complete and opened on the evening of October 8, 1884. It is now the oldest school belonging to MPS. It had originally been known as the Fourth District School.

Architect: Koch, Henry C

Year Built: 1884, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
Sycamore St (1885 - 1929)
W Michigan Ave (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, September 28, 1884
Milwaukee Sentinel, October 9, 1884
Milwaukee Sentinel, Jan. 1, 1885

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 109647

Record Update: 2009-01-08