Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Button Residence

A two and a half story cream city brick home built for Dr. Henry H Button in the Italian Villa style. A tower which had topped the central stairway was removed at some point. The building is currently the site of the David Barnett art gallery since 1985.

Architect: Mix, E T

Year Built: 1876, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
292 Martin St (1876 - 1929)
1026 E State St (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, November 22, 1931

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 23894

Record Update: 2009-03-07