Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Daily News

A small brick commercial building with arcaded facade by stone trim and decorative brickwork designed in the romanesque revival style. This was the offices of the Milwaukee Daily News until 1918 when it merged with the Evening Wisconsin.

Architect: Marshall, F B

Year Built: 1899, Year Demolished: 1983

Address History:
219 West Water St (1899 - 1929)
751 N Plankinton (1930 - 1983)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, May 8, 1898
WHS Historical Images

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 111383

Record Update: 2014-08-12