Building History Detail
Royal Hotel

An eight story brick and reinforced concrete hotel with 150 rooms and built for E T Nixdorf. It was opened on February 27, 1926 and in 1929 Ernest Nixdorf sold the building due to bankruptcy. It was demolished in 1974 to clear way for the Blue Cross Blue Shield building.

Architect: Tullgren, Martin and Sons

Year Built: 1926, Year Demolished: 1974

Address History:
427-429 Sycamore St (1926 - 1929)
435-437 W Michigan Ave (1930 - 1974)

Milwaukee Sentinel, April 19, 1925
Milwaukee Sentinel, February 28, 1926
UMN Digital Library Images

Record Update: 2010-05-14