Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Trinity Hospital

The hospital was five stories in height with a basement and had dimensions of 142 feet on Wells Street and 85 feet on Ninth Street. It was built of red pressed brick trimmed with red Lake Superior sandstone. This served as a hospital with 100 beds and home for the Milwaukee Medical College. It was demolished for the expansion of the Central Library building.

Architect: Kirchhoff, Charles Jr.

Year Built: 1897, Year Demolished: 1950

Address History:
190 9th St (1897 - 1929)
760 N 9th St (1930 - 1950)

Sources:
East Carolina University Digital Collection Postcard
Milwaukee Sentinel, September 22, 1897


Record Update: 2014-08-12