Building History Detail
Clark Building

A 20 story office building built of reinforced concrete with an exterior of precast concrete panels with an attached 3 story parking structure. It was originally known as the Greyhound building. It was bought by Emory Clark in 1967 as an investment. His company, Clark Oil was started in Milwaukee in 1932 and was sold by founder Emory Clark in 1980. The building housed the Greyhound bus depot until 2008 when Greyhound moved into the multimodal center on St. Paul. In 1967, a large 50x50 foot rotating advertising sign was constructed on the top of the tower.

Architect: Hall, Robert Lee and Associates

Year Built: 1966, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
633 W Wisconsin Ave (1966 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, December 21, 1962
Milwaukee Sentinel, October 6, 1988

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113836

Record Update: 2010-05-13