Building History Detail
Juneau Village Apartments

These three reinforced concrete apartment towers were built as part of the first phase of the Juneau Village project. The three buildings were a 28-story tower with 210 apartments, a 14-story building with 150 apartments and a 14-story building with 240 apartments. The buildings were constructed as part of the east side urban renewal project that was linked with landscaped plazas and included a shopping center built on the southwest corner of Van Buren and Juneau. The idea was to redevelop an area of downtown to create a modern, attractive living space which would reverse urban decay.

Architect: Soloman, Cordwell, and Associates

Year Built: 1966, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
1029 N Jackson St (1966 - present)

Milwaukee Journal, October 13, 1965

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113504

Record Update: 2010-05-13