Building History Detail
First Germania Building

A four story brick building with a mansard roof on the top floor. This was one of Brumder's earlier buildings and was the location of his publishing house before moving to the new building at Wells and Plankinton. The mansard roof was removed after a 1926 fire. The front of the building had the name Brumder under the parapet with the date 1876 below it.

Architect: Crane and Barkhausen

Year Built: 1892, Year Demolished: 1970

Address History:
12-14 Cedar St (1892 - 1929)
104 W Kilbourn St (1930 - 1970)

Milwaukee Sentinel, April 17, 1892
Milwaukee Journal, June 15, 1926
MPL Historic Photos
MPL Historic Photos
MPL Historic Photos

Record Update: 2009-03-04