Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Waldheim's Furniture

This building was originally six separate buildings which were combined by Northwestern Furniture Company. With the widening of Kilbourn Avenue in 1928, a new continuous frontage united the buildings 50 feet back from the original property line after a design by HW Buemming. The building housed the Waldheim's Furniture Store from 1946 until 1981 after they moved from their original location at 728 N. Plankinton. It was possibly built in 1878 - Milwaukee Sentinel October 30, 1877

Architect: unknown

Year Built: ?, Year Demolished: 1982

Address History:
217 Cedar St (? - 1929)
215-221 W Kilbourn St (1930 - 1982)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, December 23, 1945
Milwaukee Sentinel, July 21, 1982
Milwaukee Journal, July 21, 1982

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 116204

Record Update: 2014-08-12

Picture: