Building History Detail
Knauber Lithography

A three story brick building built as offices and workshops for the printing firm founded by Jacob Knauber in 1867. The west wing was the first reinforced concrete building in the city. The business operated until 1946 when it was bought by Columbian Art Works. The Knauber Company was known for printing standardized bank checks but did works such as bird's eye view maps and letterheads.

Architect: Ringer, C F

Year Built: 1890, Year Demolished: ?

Address History:
318-328 Cedar St (1890 - 1929)
330 W Kilbourn St (1930 - ?)

Milwaukee Journal, October 26, 1889
Milwaukee Journal, November 28, 1889
Milwaukee Sentinel, March 3, 1946

Record Update: 2011-03-20