Full Building List
Building History Yr Blt Yr Dem
1000 North WaterA 24 story office building with the bottom eight stories a parking pavilion. 1991present
411 BuildingA 30 story office building built for the Winmar Development Corp for $78 million.1985present
Adler BlockA modern Romanesque, seven story building with granite on the bottom two floors and red pressed brick on the remaining floors.18911942
Advertising Arts BuildingA seven story red brick office building with a structure of reinforced concrete which originally housed offices for graphic arts businesses.1927present
Alameda ApartmentsAn eight story brick and reinforced concrete apartment building demolished in 1986 for the NML expansion.19241986
Alhambra BuildingA six story brick building which was the home of the Alhambra theater as well as offices for various businesses.18961961
Amador ApartmentsAn eight story brick and reinforced concrete apartment building demolished in 1986 for the NML expansion.19241986
Ambrosia ChocolateA three story brick building with mill construction and a concrete foundation.19071993
Amtrak Passenger StationA three story steel framed building with a facade of full height, precast concrete arches which lined the entire front.1965present
Argyle ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with a limestone foundation and stone trimmings.18971966
Arlington ApartmentsA four story brick and stone apartment building with eight flats.1903?
Arthur Andersen Data CenterA two story reinforced concrete building built without windows for the accounting firm of Arthur Andersen.19622014
Associated Bank1996present
Astor ApartmentsA four story red brick and reinforced concrete apartment building with 32 units.1917present
Atlantic HotelA three story brick hotel set on a triangular piece of land. It was built as a saloon and boarding house for the Schlitz brewery.18911952
Auburn Wisconsin AutosA two story solid brick building with dimensions of 60x120 feet. It was built for the Federal Realty company.1916?
Auditorium Court ApartmentsA four story, maroon Indiana brick apartment building with a total of 134 apartments.19091980
Auditorium HotelA four story brick building which was originally called the Dix hotel and was built for around $8,000 for Peter Dix.18791965
Aurora ApartmentsA four story brick flat building constructed for Judge J A Mallory.1898?
Badger ApartmentsThe four story red brick apartment building in which the Water Street Brewery now sits was built for Clarence Allen for $35,000.1894present
Baltimore ApartmentsA three story brick flat built for Lucius Hines which had dimensions of 75x59ft and cost $25,000 to construct.18961949
Bank of MilwaukeeA three story gray brick, terra cotta, and concrete building with dimensions of 50x100 feet.1920?
Bankers BuildingA 14 story office building built of steel with a brick exterior. The exterior originally consisted of an orange brown brick with art deco styling and light orange terra cotta.1929present
Barbara Apartments1926?
Bartlett BuildingA ten story steel and brick commercial block also known as the Brouwer Shoe Building.1923present
Bauer BuildingA three story cream city brick commercial building built in an Italianate style for Adam Bauer.1858present
Bell Telephone BuildingA 317-foot tall headquarters for the phone company built in a mixture of gothic and tudor styles.1917present
Belmont HotelA five story brick and steel hotel torn down in 1997 to make way for the Midwest Express Center.19261996
Belvedere ApartmentsThis was the second large apartment building constructed in the city.18851967
Benesch BuildingA two story brick building with an Egyptian-styled terra cotta cornice built for the offices of Irving Benesch Real Estate.1926present
Benihana'sThis two story modern building was built for First Milwaukee Savings Bank and currently is Benihana's Japanese restaurant.1974present
Benjamin F Parker ResidenceA 2 1/2 story cream city brick house built in a Queen Anne style.1892present
Benjamin Miller ResidenceA three story mansion built by pioneer attorney, Benjamin K Miller and owned by the family until 1919. It was sold to the Friendship House in 1970.1866present
Bielfeld BuildingThree story brick building built in the Italianate style for Henry Bielfeld.1874present
Birchard BuildingA five story cream city brick building built in an Italianate style for John F Birchard. This building housed Reckmeyer Furs from 1955 until 1996 and was bought and renovated by Johnson Bank in 2001.1868present
Blackstone ApartmentsAn eight story brownish-gray brick and stone apartment building with a reinforced concrete structure and terra cotta ornamentation.1916present
Blair ApartmentsBuilding was four stories high, red brick and with 30 flats.1893?
Blatz HotelThis five story red brick hotel was originally built as the Grand Central Hotel and later changed to the Wellington Hotel.18721969
Blossom FlatsA two story brick building of four separate residences built for the widow of Levi Blossom, Cornelia.18751941
Blue Cross BuildingA ten story pentagon-shaped headquarters for Blue Cross of Wisconsin for a cost of $12.9 million. The building has about 270,000 square feet of office space. 1977present
Boston StoreA five story brick building built for the John Plankinton estate to replace buildings burned down in early 1895.1896present
Boston StoreA nine story addition to the Boston Store building built of reinforced concrete and with an exterior of glazed white terra cotta brick.1921present
Boston Store Parking GarageAn eight story circular parking ramp with a capacity of 750 cars built for the Boston Store.1967present
Boynton GarageA three story enclosed auto parking garage with stone facing on the first floor and brown brick on the top two floors. 1881present
Bradford BlockA four story brick store which housed the Bradford Piano store until 1960 when they moved to Capitol Court. 18691964
Bradley BlockA two story brick building erected for Edward Bradley with rooms for stores on the ground floor and offices above.18951972
Bradley CenterA 154-foot high, 13 story sports center built as the home stadium for the Milwaukee Bucks.1988present
Breithaupts BuildingA three story, gray granite building with a steel frame built for the Breithaupts Apparel Co.1923present
Broadway BuildingThis was the first office for Northwestern Mutual Life. It was a five story high building built of gray limestone.18701965
Broadway-Wisconsin BuildingA five story reinforced concrete and steel office building finished with cut stone on the first floor and gray brick on the upper floors.1924present
Brumder AnnexA two story building built for the Brumder estate used for offices and stores on the ground floor.19271983
Brumder BuildingAn eight story gray stone and brown pressed brick building built in the Italian Renaissance style.1896present
Brunswick BlockA three story brick restaurant building which was a model lunch restaurant at the time it was built. 19141972
Buchbinder ApartmentsA four story brick and steel apartment building built for Sigmund Buchbinder for approximately $130,000.1928?
Buick Motor CoA three story reinforced concrete and brick auto dealership building built for Buick motor cars.1911present
Builders Exchange of MilwaukeeA four story brick building constructed for the Builder's Club of Milwaukee.19021954
Business Institute BuildingA three story modern-style building built for the Business Institute of Milwaukee to house classrooms.19411973
Button BlockA seven story brick building of red pressed brick and red terra cotta with the bottom two floors built of red stone.1892present
Button ResidenceA two and a half story cream city brick home built for Dr. Henry H Button in the Italian Villa style.1876present
Candon CourtA four story red brick apartment building with 24 apartments built in an L-shaped plan.1917present
Carpenter Baking Co.A three story building constructed for the Carpenter Bakery which opened on April 10, 1915.1915?
Carpenter BuildingA seven story building with 150 feet of frontage on Grand Avenue and 200 feet on Sixth Street.19241986
Cary Building1906?
Caswell BuildingOriginally known as the Caswell building, after Napolean Caswell, the name was changed in 1982 to the Posner building.1908present
Cawker BuildingA five story office building built with a steel structure and a brown brick exterior for the E Harrison Cawker estate.1898present
Central Auto Service1921?
Central GarageDeuster's Garage. 1916?
Central Market ApartmentsA four story red brick and reinforced concrete building with terra cotta and stone trimmings.1918present
Central Police Station18841944
Centre BuildingA twelve story office building and movie theater built in French renaissance and modernistic styles.1931present
Century BuildingAn eight story brick and concrete building.1925present
Chalet At The River BuildingA nine story reddish-brown brick and reinforced concrete building built as a furniture store and warehouse for CW Fischer Furniture. 1908present
Chamber of Commerce BuildingA massive five story structure built of Amherst stone in the modern conventional Italian style.1880present
Chapman HomeThe original home of department store magnate, T.A. Chapman. This mansion was a large three story wood-framed building.1870?
Charles Lynde HouseA two story wood framed, Italianate home built for young lawyer, Charles Lynde and his wife. Tragically the year after it was built he died in a shipwreck on Lake Erie.18401954
Charles T Bradley MansionA 2-1/2 story cream city brick house built for shoe manufacturer, Charles T Bradley.18741942
Chicago & Northwestern Railway DepotMilwaukee's second grand railway station was a towering edifice of red brick built for the Chicago and Northwestern railroad.18891968
Christian Science ChurchThe church is built of red-brown brick with a slate roof and dormer windows. The style of the building is reminiscent of English country churches.1902present
City Bank BuildingA two story bank occupied by the City Bank until 1965 when it merged with American City Bank & Trust.1921?
City HallThe eight story City Hall building was opened for occupancy late in 1895.1895present
Clark BuildingA 20 story office building built of reinforced concrete with an exterior of precast concrete panels with an attached 3 story parking structure. It was originally known as the Greyhound building.1966present
Clayton HouseA two story wood frame home which was one of the first houses in the city built by pioneer Zachariah Clayton.1840?
CNS&M Interurban Rail StationA one story brick terminal built for the Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee electric railway.19201964
Colby Abbott BuildingA six story brick building built for the headquarters of the Wisconsin Central railway.1884present
Colonial ApartmentsA four story apartment hotel with 94 units.1923present
Columbia ApartmentsIn 1939, this building was cut down from its original 5 stories to 1 story. 1904present
Commerce BuildingA six story office building built for Realty Improvement Company of which Martin Tullgren was the president.1928present
Community Advocates BuildingThis building was the headquarters of the publishers of Milwaukee Herold, Sonntagspost, Union Press, etc.1911present
Comstock ApartmentsA five story apartment building of brick and stone front with a total of seventeen apartments.1898present
Continental PlazaA twelve story reinforced concrete bank and office building built for Continental Bank and Trust Co.1968present
County JailThe jail building was an oppressive stone building built with Antigo limestone and gables with a mansard slate roof. 18871935
Court House SquareOne of the earliest parks in the city. It was deeded by Solomon Juneau to the city to be used for public purposes on August 7, 1837.1837present
Courthouse AnnexA 4 story reinforced concrete parking structure/office building built over the northbound lanes of I-43.19692006
Cross Keys HotelThis three story brick structure was originally built by Bailey Stimson for a hotel on Milwaukee's main thoroughfares.18531980
Cudahy ApartmentsA seven story luxury apartment building of 75 apartments with rents originally ranging from $20-$70 per month. The apartment was a real estate venture built for Patrick Cudahy.1909present
Cudahy Tower ApartmentsA fifteen story addition to the Cudahy apartments to the south.1929present
Curry-Pierce BlockA five story brick office block with a mansard roof.1866present
Daily NewsA small brick commercial building with arcaded facade by stone trim and decorative brickwork designed in the romanesque revival style.18991983
David Ferguson ResidenceMr. Ferguson was a cashier and vice president of Alexander Mitchell's, Wisconsin Marine & Fire Insurance Company Bank.18781963
Davidson TheaterThe six story theater opened on September 8, 1890.18901954
DaytonsA four story L-shaped building built for Barrett's department store.19091985
DeBoer MotorsA three story brick building with a reinforced concrete structure built for the Graham-Paige motor car dealership.19131941
Detroit Street SchoolA three story cream city brick elementary school built for the third ward when it was primarily a residential neighborhood.1879?
Dominican SistersA three story high brick building built as a convent for St John's Cathedral with dimensions of 40x106 ft.1926present
Downtowner Motor InnA ten story, 252 room hotel built for oil tycoon, Emory Clark and originally operated by the Downtowner hotel chain headquartered in Memphis.1969present
Dresden FlatsThe building was five stories high and built with red brick and was known as the Davelaar Flats when built.18971949
Drew ApartmentsA three story brick building in the Romanesque style with 14 apartments built for Mrs Olivia Drew.18971941
Eastwood ApartmentsA 3 1/2 story red brick apartment building.1924present
Eighth Street SchoolA three story cream city brick schoolhouse with fourteen classrooms and built of a basic design.1884present
Eldred BuildingA four story commission house built of brick and stone with mill construction for Howard S Eldred.1903?
Elias Friend MansionA two story cream city brick mansion built for Elias Friend with a fifty foot high tower facing the front of the building. 18771974
Elks ClubA ten story reinforced concrete and brick clubhouse built for the Elks Fraternal Lodge in a neo-classic style.19251971
Embassy Theater19101929
Empire BuildingA twelve story buff colored brick and stone office building with a structure of steel.1928present
Enterprise BuildingA large six-story, brick building built for August Uihlein.19061980
Ernst and Young BuildingAn eight story steel framed building which was developed by Irgens Development Partners.2003present
Espenhain Department StoreA four story, solid brick building with a stone front built in the neoclassical style.18801935
Essex ApartmentsA four story mottled brick apartment block with dimensions of 150x80 feet.1902?
Ethical BuildingThis four story building was originally built as a Baptist church and in 1889 was remodeled into the Conservatory of Music by architect C A Gombert.1866?
Eureka Flats1892?
Evening Wisconsin BuildingThe four story, brick offices of the Evening Wisconsin newspaper were built in Queen Anne style with red pressed brick, dark linings and drab sandstone trimmings.18791930
Faison BuildingA 37-story office building built for the Faison Development Company.1989present
Federal BuildingA four and a half story building built for the post office and other federal government offices.1899present
Fifth & Michigan GarageTwo and half story high brick garage built for Hugo Koeffler.1905?
Film Exchange BuildingA one story commercial building built by the Saxe Brothers as a central hub for film distribution among their theaters.19231968
Fine Arts BuildingA six story brick building built for the Meinecke Toy Company.1892present
Fire Department1961present
Fire Insurance PatrolA three story red brick building built for the Fire Insurance Patrol.19081956
First Germania BuildingA four story brick building with a mansard roof on the top floor.18921970
First Savings PlazaA 19 story office building built of steel and reinforced concrete built for the First Savings and Loan Association. 1973present
First Welsh Presbyterian ChurchA cream city church originally built for the North Presbyterian congregation and was purchased for the Welsh Presbyterian church in 1871.18541988
First WisconsinA 42-story, 601 foot high tower built with a steel structure and an exterior of glass and white-colored aluminum. The lobby was finished in Italian white marble.1973present
First Wisconsin GarageAn eight story concrete parking structure with capacity for 400 cars. It was built of steel with a Moderne styled exterior of light yellow brick and terra cotta ornamentation.1929present
First Wisconsin National BankA 16 story building built of steel with an exterior of heavily ornamented granite in a classical style on the first four floors and a buff colored brick on the remaining stories.1914present
Fleischer Buick1913?
Four Sixty Marshall Apartment HotelAn eight story reinforced concrete and brick apartment hotel also known as Hotel Marshall.19281985
Fourth Ward SquareAlthough established in 1835 it wasn't until 1877 that the park was landscaped and properly designed by gardener Thomas Armstrong.1835present
Fox BuildingA three story brick building built as a saloon by the Miller Brewery.1849present
Frankfurth HardwareA seven-story brick commercial structure with a four-story arcade under large arches.18801980
Fred Usinger SausagesA five story, solid red-pressed brick building with stone trimmings with dimensions of 40x150 feet.1906present
Friedlander Knitting CoThree story, brick store and factory building erected for Hugo Koeffler.1906?
Fritzel BuildingThis building was originally a three story brick hotel and boarding house. In 1939 the top two stories were removed and it was converted into a Moderne style clothing store occupied by Lou Fritzel.1877present
Furlong ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building.18941960
Furlong HouseA large two story, cream city brick home built in the Italianate style for Milwaukee pioneer, John Furlong.1865?
Garden Theater BuildingA two story brick building with stone trim built for stores and offices and as an addition to the new Garden Theater.19221981
Garrick Theater18891931
Gayety TheatreA three story brick and concrete theater building built as the New Star Theater vaudeville house.19071955
Geo Watts & SonsA two story art deco showroom for George Watts china store.1926present
Geo Williams Autos1916?
German English AcademyA three story stone and cream city brick building built for the German English academy.1891present
Gilman ApartmentsA ten apartment flat building built for the Gilman estate.1897?
GimbelsA six story addition to the Gimbels Department Store.1920present
Gimbels Department StoreA four story, solid brick building with a stone front built in the neoclassical style. A grand domed cupola graced the top of the 4th & Wisconsin Avenue corner but was removed around the turn of the c1902present
Gimbels Department StoreThis addition to the department store was built in two sections with the tallest a five story building on the southern-most part. The center portion was built as a four story building.1915present
Gimbels Parking PavilionA two story reinforced concrete parking garage built for the Gimbels Department Store.1947present
Gipfel BuildingA three story brick building built in the pre Civil War Federal-style. More commonly known as the Gipfel Union Brewery building due to it's history as the home of the independent brewery established b18532009
Globe HotelA five story red brick hotel with 52 rooms and a corner turret built for the Schlitz Brewery.18921961
Godfrey BuildingThis eight story building was a very modern grocery wholesale and commission house built of heavy reinforced concrete.1911present
Goldsmith BuildingAn eight story, red brick building built with a combination of Romanesque and Gothic styles used for offices with stores on the lower floors.18931982
Goodrich ResidenceA three story brick residence built for Timothy W Goodrich and later occupied by Henry F. Whitcomb.1854?
Grace ApartmentsFour stories tall built of red brick with terra cotta and stone trimmings.18941941
Grain Exchange BuildingThe Grain Exchange Building, aka Munkwitz building is so called because it housed the Grain Exchange on the upper floors from 1935 to 1973.1926present
Grand Avenue Mall1982present
Grassler & Gezelschap BuildingA four story building erected for Grassler & Gezelschap, dealers of lighting and plumbing fixtures.1911?
Gridley DairyA three story brick and concrete milk processing and bottling building.19091966
Grohmann MuseumA three story concrete and brick building originally built for Curtis Automobile as a car dealership.1924present
Gross BuildingAn eight story office building built for hardware merchant, Philip Gross.1918present
Gross Hardware Co.A huge fire gutted the building in June 1964.19131967
Guaranty BuildingA six story brick and reinforced concrete building which was built for Roy Maischoss.1927present
Hall ChevroletA two story garage and auto dealership building.19151970
Hansen BuildingA five story red brick and reinforced concrete light manufacturing building built for the O C Hansen glove manufacturers.1910present
Harbor View ApartmentsA five story steel frame and brick apartment building known as the Park Shoreland apartments when demolished in 1985. It had dimensions of 80x92 feet.19271985
Harry Manschot ResidenceA two story brick house built in an Italianate style for the owner of a meat packing company.1874present
Heartland BuildingA five story building with 3 stories of parking built by the Hammes Development company.1999present
Herold BuildingA four story brick building built in the Italianate style with dimensions of 60x60 feet.18611941
Hick's BlockA four story stone and brick commercial building with dimensions of 60x120 ft.1875?
Highland ApartmentsA three story building with thirty apartments.1928?
Highland Avenue NatatoriumThis was Milwaukee's first natatorium and was plagued with settling problems after the first years of being built.18901963
Highland Avenue SchoolThe original school on this spot was built in 1869 as the West Side German and English High School.19021951
Hilgendorf HardwareA four story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style and known as the Pritzlaff Hardware company in 1861.1861present
Hinkel BuildingBuilt by John Hinkel to house the Central Hall, a popular saloon and eatery.1887present
HippodromeThis large hall was built as the Hippodrome and later became the Dreamland Dance Hall before it became a garage and auto dealership.19071961
Hochmuth BuildingA three story cream city brick building built for Frank Hochmuth.1892present
Hokanson BuildingA four story brick and reinforced concrete building constructed for an automobile dealership.1921present
Holland ApartmentsA four story, red brick apartment building with stone trimmings and parapet with dimensions of 50x117 feet.1918present
Hollitz ApartmentsA three story brick, concrete and steel building with two stores on the ground floor and eight flats above.1925present
Holmes Motor CoA two story fireproof building with dimensions of 119x154-ft.1917?
Home For The FriendlessA three story structure built for the benevolent society to provide temporary shelter for destitute women and children.1901?
Home Furniture Co.A four story, cream city brick building built in a romanesque revival style..1887present
Hoppe BuildingA two story building constructed of reinforced concrete and steel with a red brick front. It was built for the Hoppe-Hatter Motor Company to sell Paige cars1916present
Hotel AntlersThe building was an 11 story hotel with 450 rooms and was built as a budget hotel for men. The grand opening was in April of 1924.19241980
Hotel AstorAn eight story hotel and residence apartment built with a reinforced concrete structure and an exterior of grey stone on the first two stories and red brick on the remaining floors.1920present
Hotel AtlasThis two story hotel was first opened in 1894 by the Schlitz Brewing company.18601980
Hotel CarltonA three story brick building which was originally the home of Downer College when it was known as the Milwaukee Female Seminary.18521965
Hotel DavidsonBuilt with 100 rooms by John A Davidson. 18931936
Hotel DelawareA four story brick and stone building built for Otto Schomberg with stores on the ground floor and rooms above.19051974
Hotel GilpatrickA five story brick hotel with a facade of Wauwatosa quarried stone which was renovated in 1907 from the former Romadka trunk factory.18941941
Hotel JacksonA six story reinforced concrete and brick apartment hotel with 100 suites.19281966
Hotel JuneauA five story brick building originally built as an apartment building with sixteen flats.18901963
Hotel MartinThe Martin was six stories in height and was built almost completely of fireproof construction. 18901958
Hotel MarylandA six story brown brick hotel building with stone trimmings and containing 125 rooms.19101984
Hotel MedfordThis hotel was originally a four story red brick and terra cotta hotel with a steel structure with another five stories added at a later date.19161964
Hotel MetropoleA four story brick 100 room hotel and rooming house with dimensions of 50x91-ft.19151960
Hotel MillerA nine story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of dark brick and terra cotta with dimensions of 100x150 feet.19171980
Hotel PfisterAn eight story, 200 room hotel built for Charles Pfister in a Romanesque Revival style with dimensions of 117x180 feet.1893present
Hotel SchroederA 25 story brick and concrete hotel built in the art deco style for Walter Schroeder.1927present
Hotel TurfA three story brick hotel built for businessman Charles Winterfield. Originally known as the Hotel Eagle.1886?
Hotel WisconsinA 12 story brick and steel hotel building which was unique for Milwaukee.1913present
Hotel Wisconsin AnnexA five story brick and steel building constructed as an annex to the Hotel Wisconsin.1924present
Howard Block A newspaper article in 1883 mentioned that the previous building was to be razed and a new 4 story bldg to be constructed for Sam Howard costing $12,000.1884present
Hyatt HotelAn 18 story, 485 room hotel built by the Hyatt hotel chain. 1980present
IBM BuildingA seven story, reinforced concrete modern office building constructed as a data center with an exterior of precast concrete panels. 1965present
Ideal Hotel1913?
Ilsley ApartmentsFour story brick apartment building built on the former site of the Charles Isley mansion.1906present
Immanuel Presbyterian ChurchThe church was built at a cost of $160,000. It was rebuilt in 1889 after fire almost entirely destroyed the original.1874present
Inbusch HouseA two and a half story Italianate house built of cream city brick for wholesale grocer, John Inbusch.1874present
Inbusch Tenement1870?
Insurance Exchange BuildingA four story, buff-colored brick and stone building.1858present
Iron BlockThe Iron block was officially known as the Excelsior Block.1861present
Irvington CourtA four story apartment building with forty flats built by the Scammon/Tuttle family.1909?
Isley ResidenceA three story residence built in the style of a French chateau for banker James K Isley.1897present
Ivanhoe ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building. It was remodeled and modernized in 1931 along with the Melrose Apartments next door to be one complete apartment complex.18951976
Jackson St Garage1911?
Jackson St NatatoriumA two story brick and stone indoor swimming pool and bath-house for the residents of the 3rd ward.19041958
James Brown ResidenceA two and a half story double residence which was recently renovated in 2008.1852present
James Clark ResidenceA 2-1/2 story cream city brick house split into four apartments.1890?
James Martin ResidenceA three story cream city brick home built for prominent businessman James Martin.18521963
Jason Downer HouseA cream city brick house built for Judge Jason Downer whose estate gave the money to found Downer College in Milwaukee.1875present
JC Penneys BuildingA two story steel, brick and glass building in the modern style built for the J C Penney department store.19351983
Jefferson ApartmentsA four story, St Louis red pressed brick apartment building with dimensions of 164x60 feet.19001967
Jefferson BuildingA four story brick office building with dimensions of 60x120 ft.19111972
Jefferson BuildingA five story red brick and steel building built as the headquarters for the Flad and Associates architectural firm.1978present
Johns-Manville BuildingSix story high brick manufacturing building1894?
Johnson Service Building1908present
Johnson Service BuildingA seven story reinforced concrete and red brick building built for Johnson Controls.1923?
Johnston Emergency HospitalTA three story brick and stone emergency hospital built for the city and built in the gothic style of the Francis I period.18941933
Jonas CadillacA two story garage built for August Richter Jr. for $35,000. In 1950 it was bought by the City from Line Material Company for use by the library.19121959
Jordan BuildingA four story, reinforced concrete auto sales building which was a Buick dealership.19171967
Julia Klatt ApartmentsA four story light brown brick with terra cotta trimmings building now known as Lakeside Apartments.1928present
Juneau ParkChicago landscape gardener H.W.S. Cleveland created the original plans for the park in 1871.1868present
Juneau Village ApartmentsThese three reinforced concrete apartment towers were built as part of the first phase of the Juneau Village project.1966present
Juneau Village Shopping CenterA split level shopping plaza with two levels of underground parking.1966present
Jung BuildingAn eight story office building built for the Jung Brewing company.19141984
Kalmbach BuildingAn eight story reinforced concrete building. Kalmbach Publishing who had been in the building since 1943 bought it in 1947. 1923present
Kay BlockTwo story brick building built for multiple stores.1909?
Kesselman BuildingA seven story brick and reinforced concrete office building built for the Munkwitz Realty Company.1912present
Kilbourn HotelA narrow eight story, reinforced concrete hotel with 97 rooms built for George Strohmeyer.19081965
Kilbourn Row Townhouses1983present
Kilbourn TowerA 33 story, 74 unit high end condominium tower built on former County park land. Large and luxurious 6,000 SF penthouse units sit on the top three floors.2006present
Kirby-Cogeshall Label ManufacturersFour story building built for the Milwaukee Macaroni Company.1914?
Kitty Williams HouseThe two-story cream city brick home of one of Milwaukee's most notorious Madams of what was once the red light district.18881963
Knauber LithographyA three story brick building built as offices and workshops for the printing firm founded by Jacob Knauber in 1867.1890?
Knickerbocker HotelAn eight story brick apartment building with terra cotta trim. It contains 250 apartments with two public dining rooms and two private halls.1929present
Knight ApartmentsA three story red brick building with stone trimmings originally owned by Catholic Knights.1923present
Koeffler Block This building was a three story brick and concrete building occupied by Schrieber Motor Cars on the ground floor.1908?
Kresge BuildingA three story department store with a grey sandstone facade.1931present
La Mar Apartments One of two six story apartment buildings built next to each other by the same developer.1923present
La Shall ApartmentsOne of two six story apartment buildings built next to each other by the same developer.1922present
Lake Crest ApartmentsA four story brick, concrete and steel apartment building with 27 apartments.1916?
Lake View GarageBuilt for the Wisconsin Auto Exchange.1908?
Lakeside HotelAn early three story brick hotel also known as the Lakeshore Hotel.18561934
Lancaster ApartmentsA four story red brick apartment building with 32 apartments that has gone by many names.1914present
Langenberger BuildingA three story high brick and steel warehouse and manufacturing building built for the Langenberger Construction company. 1906?
Lawrence BlockAlmost damaged by fire in 1880.1868present
Lawrence BuildingFour story, red brick building sometimes known as the James Conroy Block.1882present
Layton Art GalleryA two story public art gallery split into four halls within.18881957
Library ApartmentsAKA Mozart Flats. A three story, terra cotta brick building with 14 apartments.1899?
Light Horse ArmoryBuilt like a Norman fortress, the Armory stood sentinel on the corner of Broadway and Wells for over 50 years.18851944
Lincoln ApartmentsHistoric Lincoln Hall was originally built as the Free Congregational Church. 18571931
Lincoln Fireproof WarehouseA six story modern fireproof warehouse built with two large freight elevators.1923present
Lion Furniture StoreF C Herbst built this store for $2,300 according to the Sentinel from September 14, 1880.18801962
Lipps BuildingJohn Lipps became a successful operating a millinery business at this site and upon building this building leased it out to other mercantile businesses over the years such as Espenhain and Boston Stor1878present
Litt BuildingA four story building constructed of brick and stone with galvanized metal trimmings and cornice erected for Jacob Litt.19011939
Loan & Trust BuildingA seven story office building built of grey Wauwatosa stone for John Plankinton.18901936
Loft BuildingA seven story brick building with a structure of reinforced concrete.1927?
Lorraine ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building.18951966
Loyalty BuildingA Richardsonian Romanesque building built as the second headquarters of Northwestern Mutual Life.1886present
Ludington BuildingA three story brick building which was originally the local headquarters of Singer Sewing Machine.18811973
Lynwood ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with a steel structure built for Olivia Drew.1915?
M&I Bank1968present
Mack BlockFive story, Ohio red-brick building, 60x120ft built for Max Mack. 18821959
Maders Restaurant1902present
Madonna di Pompeii ChurchThe cornerstone of the "Little Pink Church" was laid on October 8, 1904. The church was the center of the Italian community when this area of the third ward was a dense and poor residential district.19041967
Magee Building19071984
Majestic ApartmentsA four story brick building with sixteen apartments built for P S Savage.18981981
Majestic BuildingThis was one of Milwaukee's early office skyscrapers. It was 14 stories high with all of the ornamentation and heavy cornices popular at the time.1908present
Manhattan BuildingA nine story red brick veneer and reinforced concrete office building which started out as the four story Engineering Building.1910?
Manufacturers Home BuildingAn eight story concrete and red-pressed brick structure which was built as a light manufacturing building by Emil Ott.1909present
Marble HallA four story brick building which was next door to the Newhall House when it burned down in 1883.1856?
Marine BankNow known as Chase Tower, this 22 story office tower built of dark green glass and steel was built for the Marine National Exchange Bank.1962present
Marine Plaza Parking StructureA 4 story parking structure with space for 700 cars attached to the Marine Plaza building.1962present
Mariner BuildingA 22 story office tower built for John Mariner in an Art Deco style.1930present
Mariner BuildingA two-story brick building built by Ephraim Mariner18621935
Mariner BuildingThis six story art deco moderne office building was converted into the Hotel Metro in 1998.1937present
Marshall & Ilsley BankA four story neo-classic building with a Grecian-Ionic style built of Missouri marble with dimensions of 60x160 feet. 19131981
Marshall Hall ApartmentsA nine story red brick apartment building with terra cotta trim built by Arthur L Richards.1929present
Martin FlatsRow of three story flats built for the Martin estate for $40,000.1893?
Masonic BuildingThis red-brick building was seven stories high with a main hall on the fifth floor.18961965
Masonic Grand LodgeA contemporary modern one-story building of white and grey Georgia marble and imported pastel-tinted glass.1956present
Matthew Keenan HouseA three story cream city brick townhouse built in Italianate style for early settler and politician, Matthew Keenan.1860present
Matthews BuildingA six story pressed red brick and brown stone building with terra cotta ornamentation built for the Matthews Brothers Furniture Company.1893present
McDuffee BuildingA two story solid brick building built for an auto dealership and garage.1907?
McGeoch BuildingA six story high building built of buff colored St Louis pressed brick with terra cotta trimmings and designed in the modern renaissance style for Peter McGeoch.1895present
MECCA Convention CenterThe Milwaukee Exposition and Convention Center or MECCA hall was built at a cost of $15 million.19741998
Medina ApartmentsAn eight story apartment building with over 60 apartment units.19251986
Merchants & Manufacturers BuildingAn eight story glazed terra cotta, enameled brick, and reinforced concrete building with a central light court on the south side of the building.1912present
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer DistibutionA one story building built as a film exchange and storage building for RKO pictures.1927?
Metropolitan BlockA four story brick and stone building built in a romanesque revival style for Attorney F W Cotzhausen.18901976
MFD Engine Co No 1The two story brick firehouse building was completely remodeled in 1935 to modernize it for larger fire trucks.18721935
MGIC PlazaTwo buildings constructed for the MGIC mortgage insurance company sit on a large landscaped plaza atop a two-level underground parking garage.1972present
Michigan FlatsA four story brick flat building moved from the northwest corner of Michigan and Jackson by contractor Henry Buestrin.1892?
Middleton BuildingA six story reinforced concrete and masonry building built for clothing manufacturer, J E Friend.19121974
Midwest Airlines CenterOriginally known as the Wisconsin Center, this 800,000 sf convention center was built covering two downtown city blocks.1997present
Miller FlatsA three story apartment building of red pressed brick and trimmings of Cleveland sandstone with 28 flats.18931956
Millers HallA two and a half story brick building built for the Deutscher Maenner Verein.18941961
Milo Jewett HouseTwo story, Italianate style home constructed for coffee merchant, Milo Jewett of the Jewett and Sherman company.1872present
Milwaukee ArenaThe Arena was built to work together with the Auditorium as an entertainment complex.1950present
Milwaukee Art InstituteThis was originally a one story, stone faced building built as an office for the Land, Log, and Lumber Company.18931957
Milwaukee Art Museum Quadracci Pavilion2001present
Milwaukee Athletic ClubThe Athletic Club is a twelve story building faced with stone and brown brick.1918present
Milwaukee AuditoriumThe two story auditorium was a one block square public building with a large 330'x180' main hall in the west wing.1909present
Milwaukee BuildingA six story, reinforced concrete and brick office building with dimensions of 50x150ft.1927present
Milwaukee CenterA 28 story reinforced concrete, postmodern-style office building with an exterior of red brick-clad panels developed by Trammell Crow.1988present
Milwaukee ClubA three story Victorian clubhouse with red pressed brick, red sandstone and red terra cotta.1884present
Milwaukee Gas Light BuildingA twenty story steel-structure office building constructed as headquarters for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company.1930present
Milwaukee Gas Light BuildingA two story Bedford stone building built as offices for the Milwaukee Gas Light company as it was beginning to get established in the city.1901?
Milwaukee JournalA three story reinforced concrete and brick building built as headquarters for the Milwaukee Journal to which they move in April of 1907.1907present
Milwaukee JournalA five story steel building built for the expanding Milwaukee Journal newspaper in an art deco style.1924present
Milwaukee Liedertafel HallA 65-ft tall brick building with dimensions of 75x84 ft built as a hall for the German musical society.18881934
Milwaukee Mechanics Mutual Insurance BldgA three story stone office building built for $28,000 and with dimensions of 40x120 ft.1875?
Milwaukee Public LibraryA large three story Indiana Bedford limestone-clad building designed by Ferry & Clas in a Neo-Renaissance design during a competition among Milwaukee architects.1898present
Milwaukee Public MuseumThe Public Museum building consists of several buildings connected together, the most recent part being the two-story Butterfly exhibit addition built in 2000.1963present
Milwaukee Rescue MissionA five story brick building with stone trimmings and a reinforced concrete structure.19101986
Milwaukee Street Parking Garage1956present
Milwaukee Vocational SchoolA six story brown brick and reinforced concrete vocational school built in several stages.1919present
Mitchell BuildingA five story high building built with Minnesota granite in the French Renaissance style.1878present
Montello ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with a total of 12 apartments.19051966
Montgomery AnnexSix story high building for light manufacturing. 60x120ft1899?
Montgomery BuildingA building seven stories high built of stone, red brick and terra cotta trimmings.18921983
Montrose ApartmentsA three story solid brick apartment building with thirty flats built for the George Adams realty company.19161964
Moose ClubA four story stone building which was originally the home of the Phoenix Club.18891957
MSOE Fred Loock Engineering CenterA two story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of red brick.1967present
MSOE Hall of ScienceA two-story brick-faced reinforced concrete automobile showroom and service building with offices above.1920present
MSOE Margaret Loock HallA 15-story reinforced concrete dormitory building with a brick veneer built for the engineering school.1967present
MSOE Michael J Cudahy Student CenterThe former offices and bottling house for the Blatz brewery which is now the student center for the Milwaukee School of Engineering.1947present
Municipal BuildingAn 11 story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of glass and aluminum in a contemporary modern style.1959present
Municipal Garage1957?
Napolean Caswell ResidenceA two story cream city brick house built in the Italianate style.1868?
National Bank BuildingThis building was built as a four story home for the American National Bank.1924present
National Exchange BankA four story stone faced bank building built in a neoclassical style. Similar branches of the Exchange Bank were built around the country at the same time.19271961
New Hampshire BlockThe first apartment building in Milwaukee built for E D Holton.18821950
New Hotel RandolphA twelve story red brick hotel with a steel structure built for Archie Tegtmeyer.19271985
News BlockA three story brick structure built for newspaper printing offices.1879present
Niagara Flats18941963
Noonan BlockA three story cream city brick building of Italianate style constructed for Josiah Noonan. It was occupied by A W Rich dry goods until 1881.1867present
Norman ApartmentsA five story brick building with 26 apartments on the upper floors and stores on the ground floor.18881991
Northwestern Mutual Life InsuranceThis eight story building was designed by the Chicago firm of Marshall & Fox in a Classical Revival style.1914present
Northwestern National InsuranceA three story insurance building built in an ornate French Renaissance style with Bedford Sandstone and a structure of steel.1905present
Nunnemacher BlockThis three story brick built was built as part of the Nunnemacher Grand Opera house.18711931
Oakland BuildingA four story reinforced concrete and brick structure built as full service sales and service for the Oakland Motor Car Company.1920present
Odenbrett GarageA one story building constructed for the Bates-Odenbrett Automobile Company as an auto showroom and repair garage.19041956
Office on the SquareAn eight story office building.1969present
Old County Court House The second county courthouse was a two story domed building with east and west wings on either side of the main structure.18731939
Old Line Life BuildingA ten story office building built on a 50x150 ft lot which was also known as the Madison building.1924?
Old Women's College1842?
Olinger BuildingA three story reinforced concrete and brick commercial building.1916?
Orton BuildingA three story brick building built for the Orton estate with dimensions of 100x150 feet.19101989
Pabst BuildingA ten story building with a tower in the center which extended another four stories. It was designed by the Chicago architect S.S. Beman who designed the Pullman Building in Chicago.18921981
Pabst TheaterA three story red brick opera house and theater constructed in less than a year after the Stadt Theater burned down by Pabst Brewery founder, Frederick Pabst. 1895present
Palace TheaterA three story movie theater and office building built of steel and concrete with a brown brick exterior built by the Uihlein estate.19161974
Pasadena ApartmentsA four story brown brick apartment building with brick bay windows.1903present
Patton BuildingThis was a six story building with the bottom two stories built of stone and the remaining floors built of brick.18921996
Paul Gilmore AnnexA four and 1/2 story stone and brick flat building designed with all the modern conveniences of the 19th century.1897?
Paul Gilmore ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with thirty units.19151986
Pereles BuildingA five story brick and stone building built for the Citizen's Trust Company.19031959
Performing Arts CenterA three story concert hall and performance venue for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. George Izenour was the theater design consultant for the performance halls.1969present
Performing Arts Center Parking StructureA 3 story concrete parking structure with a capacity of 725 cars.1969present
Pfister Hotel AdditionA 21 story circular addition to the Pfister hotel built with 400 rooms atop a 5 story parking structure for 300 cars.1966present
Pietsch BuildingA six story solid brick building which was originally built as a four story for Otto Pietsch Dye Works.1901present
Pioneer BuildingA four story brown brick office building which was built on the site of the former Academy of Music performance hall.19262012
Plankinton BuildingThe Plankinton building was originally built as a two story arcade of shops and was a forerunner of the modern shopping mall.1916present
Plankinton HotelA large eight story hotel with 450 rooms built for the Plankinton estate which opened on April 5, 1917.19171980
Plankinton Parking StructureA municipal parking garage built of reinforced concrete.1961present
Plaza Apartment HotelA large four story red brick brick and steel apartment hotel. 1925present
Plaza EastTwin 14-story, six-sided office towers with an exterior of white precast concrete panels and dark tinted windows.1982present
Plaza East Parking PavilionA six story concrete parking garage built with the same exterior of white precast concrete panels as the Plaza East office towers.1982present
Post OfficeA reinforced concrete building built for the US Post Service.1968present
Princess TheaterFirst opened as the Grand Theater in 1904 which showed 10-cent vaudeville shows19031984
Prinz ApartmentsA three story reinforced concrete apartment building with an exterior of brick trimmed with limestone. 19091966
Providence BuildingA five story brick office building.19131971
Public Library Annex1956present
Public Safety BuildingThe six story, steel framed building was built as a joint effort between the County and the City.1929present
Public Service BuildingA four story steel building built in the Beaux Arts Neoclassical style and faced with grey stone and brick.1905present
Quistorf BuildingA three story brown stone building built as the East Side Palm Garden for the Schlitz brewing company and originally operated by Arnold & Quistorf. 1887present
Radtke Bros & Kortsch Printers1913?
Railway Exchange BuildingA 12-story steel skeleton building originally known as the Herman building with stores on the ground level and offices above.1901present
Raleigh HotelThis small three story brick hotel has been known under many different names in all its years.18721968
Ramada InnA seven story motor hotel with 151 rooms built for the hotel chain.1967present
Regency HouseA 27 story, 274-foot tall condominium tower with 200 units built at a cost of $6 million. It was originally built for apartments.1969present
Reilly Apartments1893?
Reporter BuildingA two story red brick building.1914present
Republic BuildingOriginally Milwaukee Sentinel building1919?
Republican HotelThe Republican was a four story brick hotel with two towers over the Third Street entrance and the Kilbourn Street entrance.18841961
Reuss Federal PlazaA fourteen story building with a distinctive exterior of blue colored glass built as offices for the Federal government. The interior includes a large atrium which opens up the space within.1983present
Reynolds ApartmentsA four story brick flat building with a stone front and an entrance flanked by four granite pillars originally built as the Van Buren Apartments.18971964
RH Miller BuildingA two story building constructed for the R & H Miller Store with a large cafeteria operated by Wrigleys inside.1937present
Rickers BlockA four story brick building.1889?
Riverside BuildingAn office building built on top of a parking structure built for Towne Realty.1968present
RKO Distributing Corp1929?
Robert Hall BuildingA one story concrete block building used as a salesroom for Robert Hall Clothes.19481973
Robert Patrick Fitzgerald HouseAn Italianate mansion built for the owner of a shipping company, Robert Patrick Fitzgerald.1874present
Romadka BlockA row of seven one-story brick-cased stores built for J M Romadka.1897?
Roth ApartmentsThe building was four stories high, of plain Romanesque style, and consisted of 24 apartments built for $27,000.19001941
Roy Johnson Residence HallA 13 story reinforced concrete tower faced in brick which houses the first large residence hall built by MSOE.1965present
Royal HotelAn eight story brick and reinforced concrete hotel with 150 rooms and built for E T Nixdorf.19261974
Saxe BuildingA three story building built of brick and reinforced concrete for stores and offices.1908?
Scammon ApartmentsThree story brick building with 25 apartments.18971957
Schaaf BuildingA two story brick commercial building constructed for the manufacture of sausage.19271965
Schlitz Palm GardenThe Schlitz Palm Garden was a two story beer hall owned by the Schlitz brewery along with the adjacent Schlitz hotel to the north.18961963
Schneck Furniture1881?
Schulz BuildingA five story brick and mill construction factory building constructed for the A George Schulz company.1906?
Schwantes PlumbingOne story brick building.1919?
Scottish Rite CathedralOriginally built as the Plymouth Congregational Church with a style that was very unique for a church.1889present
Second Ward Savings BankA two story bank originally opened as a branch of the First Wisconsin Bank and currently is the home of the Milwaukee County Historical Society.1913present
Security BuildingThis eight story building was built as a department store for Stumpf & Langhoff although it was for a time occupied by the Lefly store.1912present
Sentinel BuildingThis is a ten story building which has recently been renovated. It was built as the headquarters for the Milwaukee Sentinel. 1893present
Sexton BlockThis was originally built as a four story Italianate pressed brick building with a mansard roof.18681971
Seybold BlockA three story brick building with four flats on the upper two floors and stores on the ground floor.1902?
Shoreham Apartments1915?
Shoreland ApartmentsA four story brick, concrete and steel apartment building with 27 apartments.19161986
Sixth Street Parking GarageA five story enclosed parking garage built of reinforced concrete and brick with space for 500 cars. 19221966
Small BlockA three story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style for Simeon Small.1866present
Solliday BuildingA two story reinforced concrete and brick auto garage and showroom.1908?
Somerset ApartmentsFour story brick flats with stores below. There were twelve flats in the building. 1898?
South Lake ApartmentsA four story red brick apartment building whose name is currently unkown was also named Lakeside Apartments in the 1980's.1923present
Spencerian BuildingA three story brown brick building originally built as a 2-story sales building for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company appliances and fixtures.1913present
St Charles HotelBuilt as the St Charles Hotel and became Pabst Hotel in 1892.18581932
St Clair ApartmentsAn eight story apartment building.1928present
St Johns CathedralPlans were originally drawn by Victor Schulte. The tower was replaced in 1893.1853present
St Johns Cathedral SchoolA three story brick building called Bishop Hall and used as a school.18741936
St Lawrence HotelSix story apartment hotel.19291964
St Mary's SchoolThis three story cream city brick building was built as the school for St. Mary's Church.18941978
St Marys Catholic ChurchRemodeled to it's current look in 1866.1853present
Stack ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building. It was possibly built in 1883 and designed by Architect Douglas for E W Meacham.18811967
Stacy Block A three story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style.1874present
Stag HotelA three story Schlitz saloon and hotel built in the High Victorian Romanesque style.1889present
Standard Light Co1919?
Standard Oil BuildingA three story building of cream city brick built as the city headquarters of Standard Oil Co.19251967
Steinmeyer BuildingA five story structure built of red-pressed brick with dimensions of 60 x 147 feet.1893present
Stephenson BuildingA four story building built with brown brick and grey stone accents built for Isaac Stephenson.1904present
Stevens BlockA three story brick commercial building erected for John Stevens.1877present
Stone Creek Coffee A 2-story brick building, originally part of the Crystal Soap Company which later was acquired by Palmolive Soap.1888present
Strand TheaterA two story white glazed brick movie theater with stores in the front.19141979
Stratford ApartmentsFour story brick apartment building built for Helen Tuttle. 18971941
Straus BuildingA twelve story high office building with a cream-colored glazed tile exterior built on a 40x100 ft lot.1924present
Stroh BuildingAn eight story, reinforced concrete light manufacturing building built for Stroh Die Casting company.19101998
Stuarts ClothingA four story brick building occupied by the Henry Gattman women's clothing store in September 1907.19061985
Studio ApartmentsAn elegant four story brick apartment building built in the Spanish Mission Revival style.1925present
Summerfield ChurchA large two story cream city brick church building built for the downtown Methodist congregation.18571940
T A ChapmanChapman's Dry Goods was established in 1857 as Chapman and Hassett. T.A. Chapman became sole owner in 1865 and built this store in 1885 after a fire had destroyed an earlier building at this location.18851982
Terris BuildingA two story brick building with a cream colored terra cotta front.19241964
The AthenaeumA heavily gabled two story building built of cream city brick with stone trimmings. This home for the Women's Club was built for $25,000.1887present
Thiele BuildingA three story cream city brick building built by Otto Thiele to house his drug store.1874present
Thiele Flats1880?
Thiery BuildingA four story brick building built for J.B. Thiery company for sales and offices and later occupied by optical manufacturers.1911?
Thomas Jefferson SchoolA three-story school built of cream city brick and with fifteen class rooms. A fire in October 1978 burned down the school building and it was completely razed later in the year.18991978
Thompson McKinnon BuildingA seven story reinforced concrete building built by First Wisconsin Bank as an annex to their property next door to the north at 735 N. Water St.1962present
Tibbets HouseA brick veneered double house, two and a half stories tall built for Alderman Tibbets costing $9,000.1876?
Time Insurance BuildingA ten story, reinforced concrete office building built as the headquarters for Time Insurance.19701996
Timlin FlatsThree story brick building, with 9 flats on upper two stories.1894?
TMER&L Power PlantThis large industrial three story, red-pressed brick and structural iron building was built as a coal burning power station for the Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company.1899present
Toy BuildingA six story brick building built to resemble a Chinese temple for Charlie Toy.19131939
Toy's RestaurantA two story brick building which was originally occupied as a business college and was more recently Toy's Chinese Restaurant.1924present
Trinity HospitalThe hospital was five stories in height with a basement and had dimensions of 142 feet on Wells Street and 85 feet on Ninth Street.18971950
Trinity Lutheran ChurchA cream city brick church with a limestone foundation built in a Victorian Gothic style.1878present
Trinity Lutheran School1847?
Underwriters Exchange BuildingA nine story red brick and steel office building designed by the architectural firm who also designed the Knickerbocker Apartment Hotel on Juneau.1923present
Union StationThe depot was a huge towering structure of red-pressed brick facing Fourth Ward park.18861966
Universal Film ExchangeA one story concrete building built as a film exchange with dimensions of 50x120 ft.1936?
Universal Foods BuildingA five story high brick and reinforced concrete warehouse built for the Milwaukee Drug Company with dimensions of 77x150-ft.1909present
University Building18931949
University ClubA four story brick and stone building built as the clubhouse of the University Club.19041977
University Club of MilwaukeeThe original edifice was designed by New York architect John Russell Pope.1927present
University Club TowerA 36 story condominium building with 56 luxury units built for $110 million built by the Mandel Group and attached to the adjacent University Club.2007present
University Extension BuildingA six story brick and reinforced concrete building built for the UW Extension to house lecture halls, classrooms and offices.19281999
University High School BuildingA four story building constructed of reinforced concrete and brick built for the German English Academy.1915?
US Appraisers Store BuildingA three story high brick and steel building with dimensions of 80x90 feet built as offices and a storehouse for the US Appraiser's Office.19151985
Val Blatz Brewing CoA two story building built of Wauwatosa limestone with darker Indiana limestone trim and cream city brick.1890present
Van Buren & Mason GarageA single story brick building built for the Bachman Motor Company as a showroom and service garage to sell Dort cars.1922?
Van Buren ApartmentsA four story brown brick apartment building with stone trimmings.1917present
Vedinsky Filling Station1927?
Vermont ApartmentsA four story apartment building with 16 flats built for Dr. Lewis Sherman and with dimensions of 41x75ft.18982016
Vogel ApartmentsA three story brick apartment building with a flat on each floor built for Miss M L Brown.18941930
Voss BuildingA four story red brick neoclassical office and store building built by Herman Voss who headquartered his advertising specialty business here.1909present
W R Sherin CompanyA two story building built as a facility for the rebuilding and refinishing of autos.19111958
Wadhams Oil CoOne of many gas stations in the city designed with an Oriental theme for the Wadhams Oil Company. It was demolished sometime after 1980.1925?
Wald BuildingA three story brick building with a terra cotta facade designed in the Spanish style.19291969
Waldheim FurnitureA ten story brick and reinforced concrete structure with a glazed terra cotta exterior. It was built with dimensions of 80x135 feet.1916present
War MemorialA three story modern building built of reinforced concrete and designed by internationally renowned Finnish architect, Eero Saarinen.1957present
Warner-Vitagraph Film Distributing1926present
Watkins BuildingA six story, red brick building. The Watkins Building was shortened by removing the north half of the building with the widening of Kilbourn/Cedar Street in 1928.1910present
Wayland ApartmentsA six story reinforced concrete and brown brick apartment building. It had dimensions of 118x119 feet and consisted of 60 apartments with ten on each floor.1913present
Wayside InnAn small, old and infamous tavern located on an alley which had been named Northwestern Place. The tavern became a "Key Club" during Prohibition18761946
Welch BuildingA four story high brown brick building built for the Welch-Esterberg automobile dealership owned by Charles Welch of Chicago.1906?
Wellauer BuildingA five story brick and steel building built as a combination laundry on the lower floors and business college on the upper floors.1910present
Wells BuildingA fifteen story office building built of steel with a glazed white terra cotta brick exterior.1901present
Werrbach BuildingA three story, pressed brick and stone building built as a boarding house for Louis Werrbach.19051957
West Side Turn HallA three story cream city brick building built for the West Side Turner Society.1883present
Westmoreland ApartmentsA four story solid brick apartment building with 26 flats built for Caroline Scammon.1906?
White House TheaterA three story brick and steel-structure movie theater built for O L Meister.19161955
Williams HotelThe Williams Hotel was originally built as a home by John Plankinton in which he lived until 1863.18551932
Wisconsin News CoThree story, store and flat building.19101967
Wisconsin TelephoneA nine story building built as an exchange and offices for Wisconsin Telephone. It later became headquarters for Time Insurance.19061996
Wisconsin Telephone AnnexA six story addition to the Wisconsin Telephone Company for business offices. The exterior is red brick with the first floor finished in polished granite.1954present
Yankee Hill Apartments North TowerA 19 story building identical to the south tower but with a total of 139 units.1988present
Yankee Hill Apartments South TowerA 23 story apartment building with 141 units and built of reinforced concrete faced with red brick. A unique peaked roof tops off the building.1987present
YMCAAn eight story brick building built as an expansion to the YMCA building next door. The basement and first floor were built of dressed blue Bedford limestone. 19091966
YMCAA four story stone building designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style for the Young Men's Christian Association.18871966
YMCAAn 18 story building built for the Young Mens Christian Association.1957present
YWCAA five story red brick and gray stone building built as the first permanent headquarters of the YWCA in the city.19011985
YWCA AdditionA six story reinforced concrete and brick addition to the YWCA building.1930?
Zimmermann BlockA four story, red brick building built in an Italianate style for the Zimmermann Brothers clothing company.1885present
Zingen & Braun BuildingA two story brick building built for the Zingen and Braun Realty company.19231958