Building History Detail
Plankinton Hotel

A large eight story hotel with 450 rooms built for the Plankinton estate which opened on April 5, 1917. It was built to replace the one which stood for many years on Wisconsin Avenue and 2nd Street and was torn down to make way for the Plankinton Arcade stores.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1917, Year Demolished: 1980

Address History:
149-159 West Water St (1916 - 1929)
609 N Plankinton (1930 - 1980)

Evening Wisconsin, April 2, 1917
Milwaukee Sentinel, April 5, 1917
UWM Postcard Collection

Record Update: 2009-09-18