Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Moose Club

A four story stone building which was originally the home of the Phoenix Club. The Elks Club bought and occupied it from 1906 until 1925 when they moved to their new quarters on Mason and Prospect. It was destroyed by fire on May 16, 1955 and was eventually torn down in 1957.

Architect: Russell, Howland

Year Built: 1889, Year Demolished: 1957

Address History:
448 Jefferson St (1889 - 1929)
768 N Jefferson St (1930 - 1957)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, October 24, 1891
Milwaukee Journal, May 16, 1955
UWM Digital Collection


Record Update: 2009-05-08

Picture: