Street Guide To Old Milwaukee


Buildings By: Date Last Updated
Building History Last Updated
McGeoch BuildingA six story high building built of buff colored St Louis pressed brick with terra cotta trimmings and designed in the modern renaissance style for Peter McGeoch.2017-03-25
Vermont ApartmentsA four story apartment building with 16 flats built for Dr. Lewis Sherman and with dimensions of 41x75ft.2016-03-06
Stone Creek Coffee A 2-story brick building, originally part of the Crystal Soap Company which later was acquired by Palmolive Soap.2016-02-29
Centre BuildingA twelve story office building and movie theater built in French renaissance and modernistic styles.2015-03-15
Hotel SchroederA 25 story brick and concrete hotel built in the art deco style for Walter Schroeder.2015-03-15
Immanuel Presbyterian ChurchThe church was built at a cost of $160,000. It was rebuilt in 1889 after fire almost entirely destroyed the original.2014-08-16
Studio ApartmentsAn elegant four story brick apartment building built in the Spanish Mission Revival style.2014-08-16
Broadway BuildingThis was the first office for Northwestern Mutual Life. It was a five story high building built of gray limestone.2014-08-14
Kesselman BuildingA seven story brick and reinforced concrete office building built for the Munkwitz Realty Company.2014-08-14
DeBoer MotorsA three story brick building with a reinforced concrete structure built for the Graham-Paige motor car dealership.2014-08-14
German English AcademyA three story stone and cream city brick building built for the German English academy.2014-08-14
Prinz ApartmentsA three story reinforced concrete apartment building with an exterior of brick trimmed with limestone. 2014-08-14
Argyle ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with a limestone foundation and stone trimmings.2014-08-14
MSOE Hall of ScienceA two-story brick-faced reinforced concrete automobile showroom and service building with offices above.2014-08-14
St Mary's SchoolThis three story cream city brick building was built as the school for St. Mary's Church.2014-08-13
The AthenaeumA heavily gabled two story building built of cream city brick with stone trimmings. This home for the Women's Club was built for $25,000.2014-08-13
La Mar Apartments One of two six story apartment buildings built next to each other by the same developer.2014-08-13
La Shall ApartmentsOne of two six story apartment buildings built next to each other by the same developer.2014-08-13
Milwaukee ArenaThe Arena was built to work together with the Auditorium as an entertainment complex.2014-08-13
Waldheim's FurnitureThis building was originally six separate buildings which were combined by Northwestern Furniture Company.2014-08-12
Home Furniture Co.A four story, cream city brick building built in a romanesque revival style..2014-08-12
Brumder AnnexA two story building built for the Brumder estate used for offices and stores on the ground floor.2014-08-12
Daily NewsA small brick commercial building with arcaded facade by stone trim and decorative brickwork designed in the romanesque revival style.2014-08-12
JC Penneys BuildingA two story steel, brick and glass building in the modern style built for the J C Penney department store.2014-08-12
Trinity HospitalThe hospital was five stories in height with a basement and had dimensions of 142 feet on Wells Street and 85 feet on Ninth Street.2014-08-12
411 BuildingA 30 story office building built for the Winmar Development Corp for $78 million.2014-08-12
Downtowner Motor InnA ten story, 252 room hotel built for oil tycoon, Emory Clark and originally operated by the Downtowner hotel chain headquartered in Memphis.2014-08-12
Benihana'sThis two story modern building was built for First Milwaukee Savings Bank and currently is Benihana's Japanese restaurant.2014-08-12
Empire BuildingA twelve story buff colored brick and stone office building with a structure of steel.2014-08-09
Merchants & Manufacturers BuildingAn eight story glazed terra cotta, enameled brick, and reinforced concrete building with a central light court on the south side of the building.2014-08-09
Pietsch BuildingA six story solid brick building which was originally built as a four story for Otto Pietsch Dye Works.2014-08-09
Grassler & Gezelschap BuildingA four story building erected for Grassler & Gezelschap, dealers of lighting and plumbing fixtures.2014-08-09
Roy Johnson Residence HallA 13 story reinforced concrete tower faced in brick which houses the first large residence hall built by MSOE.2014-08-09
Inbusch HouseA two and a half story Italianate house built of cream city brick for wholesale grocer, John Inbusch.2014-08-08
Milo Jewett HouseTwo story, Italianate style home constructed for coffee merchant, Milo Jewett of the Jewett and Sherman company.2014-08-08
Blackstone ApartmentsAn eight story brownish-gray brick and stone apartment building with a reinforced concrete structure and terra cotta ornamentation.2014-07-21
Bartlett BuildingA ten story steel and brick commercial block also known as the Brouwer Shoe Building.2014-07-20
Milwaukee AuditoriumThe two story auditorium was a one block square public building with a large 330'x180' main hall in the west wing.2014-07-19
Boynton GarageA three story enclosed auto parking garage with stone facing on the first floor and brown brick on the top two floors. 2014-07-19
Railway Exchange BuildingA 12-story steel skeleton building originally known as the Herman building with stores on the ground level and offices above.2014-07-19
Auditorium DrugsA three story Italianate-style, cream city brick building with businesses on the ground floor and apartments above2014-06-05
Voss BuildingA four story red brick neoclassical office and store building built by Herman Voss who headquartered his advertising specialty business here.2014-06-05
Grohmann MuseumA three story concrete and brick building originally built for Curtis Automobile as a car dealership.2014-06-05
Holland ApartmentsA four story, red brick apartment building with stone trimmings and parapet with dimensions of 50x117 feet.2014-06-05
Furlong HouseA large two story, cream city brick home built in the Italianate style for Milwaukee pioneer, John Furlong.2014-06-05
Wayland ApartmentsA six story reinforced concrete and brown brick apartment building. It had dimensions of 118x119 feet and consisted of 60 apartments with ten on each floor.2014-06-05
Astor ApartmentsA four story red brick and reinforced concrete apartment building with 32 units.2014-06-05
Marine BankNow known as Chase Tower, this 22 story office tower built of dark green glass and steel was built for the Marine National Exchange Bank.2014-06-05
Continental PlazaA twelve story reinforced concrete bank and office building built for Continental Bank and Trust Co.2014-06-05
Caswell BuildingOriginally known as the Caswell building, after Napolean Caswell, the name was changed in 1982 to the Posner building.2014-06-03
Majestic BuildingThis was one of Milwaukee's early office skyscrapers. It was 14 stories high with all of the ornamentation and heavy cornices popular at the time.2014-06-03
Milwaukee CenterA 28 story reinforced concrete, postmodern-style office building with an exterior of red brick-clad panels developed by Trammell Crow.2014-06-03
Trinity Lutheran ChurchA cream city brick church with a limestone foundation built in a Victorian Gothic style.2014-06-01
Universal Foods BuildingA five story high brick and reinforced concrete warehouse built for the Milwaukee Drug Company with dimensions of 77x150-ft.2014-06-01
Blue Cross BuildingA ten story pentagon-shaped headquarters for Blue Cross of Wisconsin for a cost of $12.9 million. The building has about 270,000 square feet of office space. 2014-06-01
Flint BlockA five story brick building which was home for the Badger Candy Company for many years.2014-03-01
Public Safety BuildingThe six story, steel framed building was built as a joint effort between the County and the City.2014-03-01
Herold BuildingA four story brick building built in the Italianate style with dimensions of 60x60 feet.2014-03-01
Montgomery BuildingA building seven stories high built of stone, red brick and terra cotta trimmings.2014-03-01
Sentinel BuildingThis is a ten story building which has recently been renovated. It was built as the headquarters for the Milwaukee Sentinel. 2014-03-01
IBM BuildingA seven story, reinforced concrete modern office building constructed as a data center with an exterior of precast concrete panels. 2014-02-23
Arthur Andersen Data CenterA two story reinforced concrete building built without windows for the accounting firm of Arthur Andersen.2014-02-16
The Warehouse LoftsA six story brick and reinforced concrete commercial building.2013-07-07
Dominican SistersA three story high brick building built as a convent for St John's Cathedral with dimensions of 40x106 ft.2013-07-07
Benesch BuildingA two story brick building with an Egyptian-styled terra cotta cornice built for the offices of Irving Benesch Real Estate.2013-07-02
Marshall Hall ApartmentsA nine story red brick apartment building with terra cotta trim built by Arthur L Richards.2013-06-24
Wells HotelA three story brick hotel with metal bay windows extending out on the top two floors into the street.2013-06-22
Time Insurance BuildingA ten story, reinforced concrete office building built as the headquarters for Time Insurance.2013-06-22
First Wisconsin GarageAn eight story concrete parking structure with capacity for 400 cars. It was built of steel with a Moderne styled exterior of light yellow brick and terra cotta ornamentation.2013-06-17
Mariner BuildingThis six story art deco moderne office building was converted into the Hotel Metro in 1998.2013-06-17
Bradley CenterA 154-foot high, 13 story sports center built as the home stadium for the Milwaukee Bucks.2013-06-17
Paramount Film ExchangeA single story brick building built as a film exchange for the Famous-Players-Lasky studios.2013-06-02
Chalet At The River BuildingA nine story reddish-brown brick and reinforced concrete building built as a furniture store and warehouse for CW Fischer Furniture. 2013-06-01
Spencerian BuildingA three story brown brick building originally built as a 2-story sales building for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company appliances and fixtures.2013-06-01
TMER&L Power PlantThis large industrial three story, red-pressed brick and structural iron building was built as a coal burning power station for the Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company.2013-06-01
Essex ApartmentsA four story mottled brick apartment block with dimensions of 150x80 feet.2013-05-30
Litt BuildingA four story building constructed of brick and stone with galvanized metal trimmings and cornice erected for Jacob Litt.2013-05-29
Gimbels Department StoreA four story, solid brick building with a stone front built in the neoclassical style. A grand domed cupola graced the top of the 4th & Wisconsin Avenue corner but was removed around the turn of the c2013-05-15
Espenhain Department StoreA four story, solid brick building with a stone front built in the neoclassical style.2013-05-15
Friendship ClubA two story commercial building with a facade of white glazed brick and terra cotta.2013-05-15
University Extension BuildingA six story brick and reinforced concrete building built for the UW Extension to house lecture halls, classrooms and offices.2013-05-15
Frankfurth HardwareA seven-story brick commercial structure with a four-story arcade under large arches.2013-05-15
Commerce BuildingA six story office building built for Realty Improvement Company of which Martin Tullgren was the president.2013-05-15
Wisconsin TelephoneA nine story building built as an exchange and offices for Wisconsin Telephone. It later became headquarters for Time Insurance.2013-05-15
Hotel CarltonA three story brick building which was originally the home of Downer College when it was known as the Milwaukee Female Seminary.2013-05-15
David Ferguson ResidenceMr. Ferguson was a cashier and vice president of Alexander Mitchell's, Wisconsin Marine & Fire Insurance Company Bank.2013-05-15
Birchard BuildingA five story cream city brick building built in an Italianate style for John F Birchard. This building housed Reckmeyer Furs from 1955 until 1996 and was bought and renovated by Johnson Bank in 2001.2013-05-15
Pasadena ApartmentsA four story brown brick apartment building with brick bay windows.2013-05-15
1000 North WaterA 24 story office building with the bottom eight stories a parking pavilion. 2013-05-15
Milwaukee Public MuseumThe Public Museum building consists of several buildings connected together, the most recent part being the two-story Butterfly exhibit addition built in 2000.2013-05-15
Williams HotelThe Williams Hotel was originally built as a home by John Plankinton in which he lived until 1863.2013-05-12
Community Advocates BuildingThis building was the headquarters of the publishers of Milwaukee Herold, Sonntagspost, Union Press, etc.2013-05-12
Loan & Trust BuildingA seven story office building built of grey Wauwatosa stone for John Plankinton.2013-05-07
Pioneer BuildingA four story brown brick office building which was built on the site of the former Academy of Music performance hall.2013-01-16
University High School BuildingA four story building constructed of reinforced concrete and brick built for the German English Academy.2012-12-09
GimbelsA six story addition to the Gimbels Department Store.2011-12-30
Film Exchange BuildingA one story commercial building built by the Saxe Brothers as a central hub for film distribution among their theaters.2011-12-30
Bank of MilwaukeeA three story gray brick, terra cotta, and concrete building with dimensions of 50x100 feet.2011-12-30
Kitty Williams HouseThe two-story cream city brick home of one of Milwaukee's most notorious Madams of what was once the red light district.2011-12-04
Fire Insurance PatrolA three story red brick building built for the Fire Insurance Patrol.2011-12-01
Masonic BuildingThis red-brick building was seven stories high with a main hall on the fifth floor.2011-12-01
James Clark ResidenceA 2-1/2 story cream city brick house split into four apartments.2011-12-01
Thiery BuildingA four story brick building built for J.B. Thiery company for sales and offices and later occupied by optical manufacturers.2011-11-21
Middleton BuildingA six story reinforced concrete and masonry building built for clothing manufacturer, J E Friend.2011-11-21
Miller FlatsA three story apartment building of red pressed brick and trimmings of Cleveland sandstone with 28 flats.2011-11-13
Guaranty BuildingA six story brick and reinforced concrete building which was built for Roy Maischoss.2011-04-24
First WisconsinA 42-story, 601 foot high tower built with a steel structure and an exterior of glass and white-colored aluminum. The lobby was finished in Italian white marble.2011-04-21
Manhattan BuildingA nine story red brick veneer and reinforced concrete office building which started out as the four story Engineering Building.2011-04-05
War MemorialA three story modern building built of reinforced concrete and designed by internationally renowned Finnish architect, Eero Saarinen.2011-04-05
Terris BuildingA two story brick building with a cream colored terra cotta front.2011-03-20
Knauber LithographyA three story brick building built as offices and workshops for the printing firm founded by Jacob Knauber in 1867.2011-03-20
Wellauer BuildingA five story brick and steel building built as a combination laundry on the lower floors and business college on the upper floors.2011-03-08
Val Blatz Brewing CoA two story building built of Wauwatosa limestone with darker Indiana limestone trim and cream city brick.2011-03-08
Thompson McKinnon BuildingA seven story reinforced concrete building built by First Wisconsin Bank as an annex to their property next door to the north at 735 N. Water St.2011-03-08
Amtrak Passenger StationA three story steel framed building with a facade of full height, precast concrete arches which lined the entire front.2011-03-08
Welch BuildingA four story high brown brick building built for the Welch-Esterberg automobile dealership owned by Charles Welch of Chicago.2011-03-07
National Bank BuildingThis building was built as a four story home for the American National Bank.2011-03-03
City Bank BuildingA two story bank occupied by the City Bank until 1965 when it merged with American City Bank & Trust.2011-03-03
Hotel Wisconsin AnnexA five story brick and steel building constructed as an annex to the Hotel Wisconsin.2011-03-03
Princess TheaterFirst opened as the Grand Theater in 1904 which showed 10-cent vaudeville shows2011-03-03
Olinger BuildingA three story reinforced concrete and brick commercial building.2011-03-03
Century BuildingAn eight story brick and concrete building.2011-03-03
Toy's RestaurantA two story brick building which was originally occupied as a business college and was more recently Toy's Chinese Restaurant.2011-03-03
Hilgendorf HardwareA four story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style and known as the Pritzlaff Hardware company in 1861.2011-03-03
Highland Avenue NatatoriumThis was Milwaukee's first natatorium and was plagued with settling problems after the first years of being built.2011-03-03
Loyalty BuildingA Richardsonian Romanesque building built as the second headquarters of Northwestern Mutual Life.2011-03-03
University ClubA four story brick and stone building built as the clubhouse of the University Club.2011-03-03
Quistorf BuildingA three story brown stone building built as the East Side Palm Garden for the Schlitz brewing company and originally operated by Arnold & Quistorf. 2011-03-03
Reynolds ApartmentsA four story brick flat building with a stone front and an entrance flanked by four granite pillars originally built as the Van Buren Apartments.2011-03-03
Wadhams Oil CoOne of many gas stations in the city designed with an Oriental theme for the Wadhams Oil Company. It was demolished sometime after 1980.2011-03-03
Christian Science ChurchThe church is built of red-brown brick with a slate roof and dormer windows. The style of the building is reminiscent of English country churches.2011-03-03
Plaza Apartment HotelA large four story red brick brick and steel apartment hotel. 2011-03-03
Knight ApartmentsA three story red brick building with stone trimmings originally owned by Catholic Knights.2011-03-03
Jefferson BuildingA five story red brick and steel building built as the headquarters for the Flad and Associates architectural firm.2011-03-03
Hotel MackA three story brick hotel.2011-01-11
2011-01-11
Evening Wisconsin BuildingThe four story, brick offices of the Evening Wisconsin newspaper were built in Queen Anne style with red pressed brick, dark linings and drab sandstone trimmings.2011-01-11
Thomas Jefferson SchoolA three-story school built of cream city brick and with fifteen class rooms. A fire in October 1978 burned down the school building and it was completely razed later in the year.2011-01-11
Hotel AstorAn eight story hotel and residence apartment built with a reinforced concrete structure and an exterior of grey stone on the first two stories and red brick on the remaining floors.2011-01-11
Noonan BlockA three story cream city brick building of Italianate style constructed for Josiah Noonan. It was occupied by A W Rich dry goods until 1881.2011-01-11
Federal BuildingA four and a half story building built for the post office and other federal government offices.2011-01-11
Goodrich ResidenceA three story brick residence built for Timothy W Goodrich and later occupied by Henry F. Whitcomb.2011-01-11
Detroit Street SchoolA three story cream city brick elementary school built for the third ward when it was primarily a residential neighborhood.2011-01-11
Hyatt HotelAn 18 story, 485 room hotel built by the Hyatt hotel chain. 2011-01-11
MECCA Convention CenterThe Milwaukee Exposition and Convention Center or MECCA hall was built at a cost of $15 million.2011-01-11
Pfister Hotel AdditionA 21 story circular addition to the Pfister hotel built with 400 rooms atop a 5 story parking structure for 300 cars.2011-01-11
Ramada InnA seven story motor hotel with 151 rooms built for the hotel chain.2011-01-11
Bradley BuildingA six story brick building which was leased by Stumpf, Inc in 1926 for a 99 year lease.2010-11-17
Marshall & Ilsley BankA four story neo-classic building with a Grecian-Ionic style built of Missouri marble with dimensions of 60x160 feet. 2010-11-17
Fritzel BuildingThis building was originally a three story brick hotel and boarding house. In 1939 the top two stories were removed and it was converted into a Moderne style clothing store occupied by Lou Fritzel.2010-11-17
Stephenson BuildingA four story building built with brown brick and grey stone accents built for Isaac Stephenson.2010-11-17
Colby Abbott BuildingA six story brick building built for the headquarters of the Wisconsin Central railway.2010-11-17
Elias Friend MansionA two story cream city brick mansion built for Elias Friend with a fifty foot high tower facing the front of the building. 2010-11-17
Charles Lynde HouseA two story wood framed, Italianate home built for young lawyer, Charles Lynde and his wife. Tragically the year after it was built he died in a shipwreck on Lake Erie.2010-10-24
Milwaukee JournalA five story steel building built for the expanding Milwaukee Journal newspaper in an art deco style.2010-10-13
Lakeside HotelAn early three story brick hotel also known as the Lakeshore Hotel.2010-10-13
Shoreland ApartmentsA four story brick, concrete and steel apartment building with 27 apartments.2010-10-13
Raleigh HotelThis small three story brick hotel has been known under many different names in all its years.2010-10-13
Clayton HouseA two story wood frame home which was one of the first houses in the city built by pioneer Zachariah Clayton.2010-10-13
Universal Film ExchangeA one story concrete building built as a film exchange with dimensions of 50x120 ft.2010-10-13
Boston StoreA nine story addition to the Boston Store building built of reinforced concrete and with an exterior of glazed white terra cotta brick.2010-09-08
Hotel MetropoleA four story brick 100 room hotel and rooming house with dimensions of 50x91-ft.2010-07-31
First Welsh Presbyterian ChurchA cream city church originally built for the North Presbyterian congregation and was purchased for the Welsh Presbyterian church in 1871.2010-07-31
Robert Patrick Fitzgerald HouseAn Italianate mansion built for the owner of a shipping company, Robert Patrick Fitzgerald.2010-07-31
Goldsmith BuildingAn eight story, red brick building built with a combination of Romanesque and Gothic styles used for offices with stores on the lower floors.2010-07-31
Lowell BuildingA four story brick building with apartments in the upper floors and a restaurant on the lower floor.2010-07-31
Jefferson ApartmentsA four story, St Louis red pressed brick apartment building with dimensions of 164x60 feet.2010-07-31
Gridley DairyA three story brick and concrete milk processing and bottling building.2010-07-31
Harbor View ApartmentsA five story steel frame and brick apartment building known as the Park Shoreland apartments when demolished in 1985. It had dimensions of 80x92 feet.2010-07-31
Harry Manschot ResidenceA two story brick house built in an Italianate style for the owner of a meat packing company.2010-07-31
Benjamin F Parker ResidenceA 2 1/2 story cream city brick house built in a Queen Anne style.2010-07-31
Benjamin Miller ResidenceA three story mansion built by pioneer attorney, Benjamin K Miller and owned by the family until 1919. It was sold to the Friendship House in 1970.2010-07-31
Gross BuildingAn eight story office building built for hardware merchant, Philip Gross.2010-07-25
Breithaupts BuildingA three story, gray granite building with a steel frame built for the Breithaupts Apparel Co.2010-07-25
YMCAAn eight story brick building built as an expansion to the YMCA building next door. The basement and first floor were built of dressed blue Bedford limestone. 2010-07-25
Hotel AntlersThe building was an 11 story hotel with 450 rooms and was built as a budget hotel for men. The grand opening was in April of 1924.2010-07-25
Toy BuildingA six story brick building built to resemble a Chinese temple for Charlie Toy.2010-07-25
Hotel MedfordThis hotel was originally a four story red brick and terra cotta hotel with a steel structure with another five stories added at a later date.2010-07-25
Hotel RandolphA three story brick hotel which was also known as the St James Hotel and the Terminal Hotel.2010-07-25
Hotel MillerA nine story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of dark brick and terra cotta with dimensions of 100x150 feet.2010-07-25
Fred Usinger SausagesA five story, solid red-pressed brick building with stone trimmings with dimensions of 40x150 feet.2010-07-25
Lipps BuildingJohn Lipps became a successful operating a millinery business at this site and upon building this building leased it out to other mercantile businesses over the years such as Espenhain and Boston Stor2010-07-25
Hotel MarylandA six story brown brick hotel building with stone trimmings and containing 125 rooms.2010-07-25
Milwaukee Rescue MissionA five story brick building with stone trimmings and a reinforced concrete structure.2010-07-25
Langenberger BuildingA three story high brick and steel warehouse and manufacturing building built for the Langenberger Construction company. 2010-07-25
Highland Avenue SchoolThe original school on this spot was built in 1869 as the West Side German and English High School.2010-07-25
Badger ApartmentsThe four story red brick apartment building in which the Water Street Brewery now sits was built for Clarence Allen for $35,000.2010-07-25
Underwriters Exchange BuildingA nine story red brick and steel office building designed by the architectural firm who also designed the Knickerbocker Apartment Hotel on Juneau.2010-07-25
Reporter BuildingA two story red brick building.2010-07-25
Oakland BuildingA four story reinforced concrete and brick structure built as full service sales and service for the Oakland Motor Car Company.2010-07-25
Pabst TheaterA three story red brick opera house and theater constructed in less than a year after the Stadt Theater burned down by Pabst Brewery founder, Frederick Pabst. 2010-06-29
Kalmbach BuildingAn eight story reinforced concrete building. Kalmbach Publishing who had been in the building since 1943 bought it in 1947. 2010-06-29
Lancaster ApartmentsA four story red brick apartment building with 32 apartments that has gone by many names.2010-06-02
Auburn Wisconsin AutosA two story solid brick building with dimensions of 60x120 feet. It was built for the Federal Realty company.2010-06-02
Gimbels Parking PavilionA two story reinforced concrete parking garage built for the Gimbels Department Store.2010-05-18
MSOE Margaret Loock HallA 15-story reinforced concrete dormitory building with a brick veneer built for the engineering school.2010-05-16
Security BuildingThis eight story building was built as a department store for Stumpf & Langhoff although it was for a time occupied by the Lefly store.2010-05-14
Alhambra BuildingA six story brick building which was the home of the Alhambra theater as well as offices for various businesses.2010-05-14
DaytonsA four story L-shaped building built for Barrett's department store.2010-05-14
New Hampshire BlockThe first apartment building in Milwaukee built for E D Holton.2010-05-14
Fourth Ward SquareAlthough established in 1835 it wasn't until 1877 that the park was landscaped and properly designed by gardener Thomas Armstrong.2010-05-14
Royal HotelAn eight story brick and reinforced concrete hotel with 150 rooms and built for E T Nixdorf.2010-05-14
Schulz BuildingA five story brick and mill construction factory building constructed for the A George Schulz company.2010-05-14
Hotel MelcherA three story brick building with dimensions of 50x75 feet which was remodeled into a hotel in 1915 by Leiser and Holst.2010-05-14
Cross Keys HotelThis three story brick structure was originally built by Bailey Stimson for a hotel on Milwaukee's main thoroughfares.2010-05-14
Brunswick BlockA three story brick restaurant building which was a model lunch restaurant at the time it was built. 2010-05-14
Jason Downer HouseA cream city brick house built for Judge Jason Downer whose estate gave the money to found Downer College in Milwaukee.2010-05-13
MGIC PlazaTwo buildings constructed for the MGIC mortgage insurance company sit on a large landscaped plaza atop a two-level underground parking garage.2010-05-13
Masonic Grand LodgeA contemporary modern one-story building of white and grey Georgia marble and imported pastel-tinted glass.2010-05-13
Clark BuildingA 20 story office building built of reinforced concrete with an exterior of precast concrete panels with an attached 3 story parking structure. It was originally known as the Greyhound building.2010-05-13
Reuss Federal PlazaA fourteen story building with a distinctive exterior of blue colored glass built as offices for the Federal government. The interior includes a large atrium which opens up the space within.2010-05-13
Kilbourn TowerA 33 story, 74 unit high end condominium tower built on former County park land. Large and luxurious 6,000 SF penthouse units sit on the top three floors.2010-05-13
University Club TowerA 36 story condominium building with 56 luxury units built for $110 million built by the Mandel Group and attached to the adjacent University Club.2010-05-13
Municipal BuildingAn 11 story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of glass and aluminum in a contemporary modern style.2010-05-13
Juneau Village ApartmentsThese three reinforced concrete apartment towers were built as part of the first phase of the Juneau Village project.2010-05-13
Yankee Hill Apartments South TowerA 23 story apartment building with 141 units and built of reinforced concrete faced with red brick. A unique peaked roof tops off the building.2010-05-13
Yankee Hill Apartments North TowerA 19 story building identical to the south tower but with a total of 139 units.2010-05-13
Regency HouseA 27 story, 274-foot tall condominium tower with 200 units built at a cost of $6 million. It was originally built for apartments.2010-05-13
Plaza EastTwin 14-story, six-sided office towers with an exterior of white precast concrete panels and dark tinted windows.2010-05-13
Plaza East Parking PavilionA six story concrete parking garage built with the same exterior of white precast concrete panels as the Plaza East office towers.2010-05-13
Performing Arts CenterA three story concert hall and performance venue for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. George Izenour was the theater design consultant for the performance halls.2010-05-13
Faison BuildingA 37-story office building built for the Faison Development Company.2010-05-13
Midwest Airlines CenterOriginally known as the Wisconsin Center, this 800,000 sf convention center was built covering two downtown city blocks.2010-05-13
Plankinton Parking StructureA municipal parking garage built of reinforced concrete.2010-05-13
Riverside BuildingAn office building built on top of a parking structure built for Towne Realty.2010-05-13
Marine Plaza Parking StructureA 4 story parking structure with space for 700 cars attached to the Marine Plaza building.2010-05-13
Boston Store Parking GarageAn eight story circular parking ramp with a capacity of 750 cars built for the Boston Store.2010-05-13
Public Library Annex2010-05-13
Office on the SquareAn eight story office building.2010-05-13
Post OfficeA reinforced concrete building built for the US Post Service.2010-05-13
M&I Bank2010-05-13
MSOE Fred Loock Engineering CenterA two story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of red brick.2010-05-13
First Savings PlazaA 19 story office building built of steel and reinforced concrete built for the First Savings and Loan Association. 2010-05-13
Milwaukee Art Museum Quadracci Pavilion2010-05-13
Ernst and Young BuildingAn eight story steel framed building which was developed by Irgens Development Partners.2010-05-13
Grand Avenue Mall2010-05-13
State Office Building2010-05-13
Wisconsin Telephone AnnexA six story addition to the Wisconsin Telephone Company for business offices. The exterior is red brick with the first floor finished in polished granite.2010-05-13
Robert Hall BuildingA one story concrete block building used as a salesroom for Robert Hall Clothes.2010-05-13
Business Institute BuildingA three story modern-style building built for the Business Institute of Milwaukee to house classrooms.2010-05-13
MSOE Walter Schroeder LibraryA three story reinforced concrete library building built for the Milwaukee School of Engineering.2010-05-13
Juneau Village Shopping CenterA split level shopping plaza with two levels of underground parking.2010-05-13
Courthouse AnnexA 4 story reinforced concrete parking structure/office building built over the northbound lanes of I-43.2010-05-13
Heartland BuildingA five story building with 3 stories of parking built by the Hammes Development company.2010-05-13
Associated Bank2010-05-13
YMCAAn 18 story building built for the Young Mens Christian Association.2010-05-13
MSOE Michael J Cudahy Student CenterThe former offices and bottling house for the Blatz brewery which is now the student center for the Milwaukee School of Engineering.2010-05-13
Fire Department2010-05-13
Milwaukee Street Parking Garage2010-05-13
Kilbourn Row Townhouses2010-05-13
Performing Arts Center Parking StructureA 3 story concrete parking structure with a capacity of 725 cars.2010-05-13
Jordan BuildingA four story, reinforced concrete auto sales building which was a Buick dealership.2010-04-20
Hotel DelawareA four story brick and stone building built for Otto Schomberg with stores on the ground floor and rooms above.2010-01-31
YMCAA four story stone building designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style for the Young Men's Christian Association.2010-01-31
South Lake ApartmentsA four story red brick apartment building whose name is currently unkown was also named Lakeside Apartments in the 1980's.2010-01-26
Paul Gilmore ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with thirty units.2010-01-26
Medina ApartmentsAn eight story apartment building with over 60 apartment units.2010-01-26
YWCAA five story red brick and gray stone building built as the first permanent headquarters of the YWCA in the city.2010-01-25
Bell Telephone BuildingA 317-foot tall headquarters for the phone company built in a mixture of gothic and tudor styles.2010-01-16
Madonna di Pompeii ChurchThe cornerstone of the "Little Pink Church" was laid on October 8, 1904. The church was the center of the Italian community when this area of the third ward was a dense and poor residential district.2010-01-12
RH Miller BuildingA two story building constructed for the R & H Miller Store with a large cafeteria operated by Wrigleys inside.2010-01-10
County Court House 2010-01-10
Wisconsin Club 2010-01-10
James Peck Home 2010-01-10
Kilbourn HotelA narrow eight story, reinforced concrete hotel with 97 rooms built for George Strohmeyer.2010-01-06
Lincoln Fireproof WarehouseA six story modern fireproof warehouse built with two large freight elevators.2010-01-06
MFD Engine Co No 1The two story brick firehouse building was completely remodeled in 1935 to modernize it for larger fire trucks.2010-01-06
Hokanson BuildingA four story brick and reinforced concrete building constructed for an automobile dealership.2010-01-06
Matthew Keenan HouseA three story cream city brick townhouse built in Italianate style for early settler and politician, Matthew Keenan.2010-01-06
Plankinton BuildingThe Plankinton building was originally built as a two story arcade of shops and was a forerunner of the modern shopping mall.2010-01-03
Stuarts ClothingA four story brick building occupied by the Henry Gattman women's clothing store in September 1907.2010-01-03
Palace TheaterA three story movie theater and office building built of steel and concrete with a brown brick exterior built by the Uihlein estate.2010-01-03
Enterprise BuildingA large six-story, brick building built for August Uihlein.2010-01-03
Standard Oil BuildingA three story building of cream city brick built as the city headquarters of Standard Oil Co.2010-01-03
Dresden FlatsThe building was five stories high and built with red brick and was known as the Davelaar Flats when built.2010-01-03
HippodromeThis large hall was built as the Hippodrome and later became the Dreamland Dance Hall before it became a garage and auto dealership.2010-01-03
Jonas CadillacA two story garage built for August Richter Jr. for $35,000. In 1950 it was bought by the City from Line Material Company for use by the library.2010-01-03
Four Sixty Marshall Apartment HotelAn eight story reinforced concrete and brick apartment hotel also known as Hotel Marshall.2010-01-03
Adler BlockA modern Romanesque, seven story building with granite on the bottom two floors and red pressed brick on the remaining floors.2010-01-03
Hotel PfisterAn eight story, 200 room hotel built for Charles Pfister in a Romanesque Revival style with dimensions of 117x180 feet.2010-01-03
Charles T Bradley MansionA 2-1/2 story cream city brick house built for shoe manufacturer, Charles T Bradley.2010-01-03
Milwaukee BuildingA six story, reinforced concrete and brick office building with dimensions of 50x150ft.2010-01-01
Geo Watts & SonsA two story art deco showroom for George Watts china store.2010-01-01
Milwaukee Art InstituteThis was originally a one story, stone faced building built as an office for the Land, Log, and Lumber Company.2010-01-01
Wayside InnAn small, old and infamous tavern located on an alley which had been named Northwestern Place. The tavern became a "Key Club" during Prohibition2010-01-01
Chapman HomeThe original home of department store magnate, T.A. Chapman. This mansion was a large three story wood-framed building.2010-01-01
Knickerbocker HotelAn eight story brick apartment building with terra cotta trim. It contains 250 apartments with two public dining rooms and two private halls.2010-01-01
Bradford BlockA four story brick store which housed the Bradford Piano store until 1960 when they moved to Capitol Court. 2009-12-28
Builders Exchange of MilwaukeeA four story brick building constructed for the Builder's Club of Milwaukee.2009-12-28
Grain Exchange BuildingThe Grain Exchange Building, aka Munkwitz building is so called because it housed the Grain Exchange on the upper floors from 1935 to 1973.2009-12-28
Gipfel BuildingA three story brick building built in the pre Civil War Federal-style. More commonly known as the Gipfel Union Brewery building due to it's history as the home of the independent brewery established b2009-11-08
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer DistibutionA one story building built as a film exchange and storage building for RKO pictures.2009-11-04
Waldheim FurnitureA ten story brick and reinforced concrete structure with a glazed terra cotta exterior. It was built with dimensions of 80x135 feet.2009-11-04
Second Ward Savings BankA two story bank originally opened as a branch of the First Wisconsin Bank and currently is the home of the Milwaukee County Historical Society.2009-11-04
Straus BuildingA twelve story high office building with a cream-colored glazed tile exterior built on a 40x100 ft lot.2009-10-22
Central Market ApartmentsA four story red brick and reinforced concrete building with terra cotta and stone trimmings.2009-10-22
Norman ApartmentsA five story brick building with 26 apartments on the upper floors and stores on the ground floor.2009-10-22
Hotel AtlasThis two story hotel was first opened in 1894 by the Schlitz Brewing company.2009-10-22
Union StationThe depot was a huge towering structure of red-pressed brick facing Fourth Ward park.2009-10-22
National Exchange BankA four story stone faced bank building built in a neoclassical style. Similar branches of the Exchange Bank were built around the country at the same time.2009-10-20
US Appraisers Store BuildingA three story high brick and steel building with dimensions of 80x90 feet built as offices and a storehouse for the US Appraiser's Office.2009-10-20
Pabst BuildingA ten story building with a tower in the center which extended another four stories. It was designed by the Chicago architect S.S. Beman who designed the Pullman Building in Chicago.2009-10-20
Patton BuildingThis was a six story building with the bottom two stories built of stone and the remaining floors built of brick.2009-10-04
Mariner BuildingA 22 story office tower built for John Mariner in an Art Deco style.2009-10-04
Advertising Arts BuildingA seven story red brick office building with a structure of reinforced concrete which originally housed offices for graphic arts businesses.2009-10-04
Wells BuildingA fifteen story office building built of steel with a glazed white terra cotta brick exterior.2009-10-04
Globe HotelA five story red brick hotel with 52 rooms and a corner turret built for the Schlitz Brewery.2009-10-04
Hotel JuneauA five story brick building originally built as an apartment building with sixteen flats.2009-10-04
Chicago & Northwestern Railway DepotMilwaukee's second grand railway station was a towering edifice of red brick built for the Chicago and Northwestern railroad.2009-10-04
Juneau ParkChicago landscape gardener H.W.S. Cleveland created the original plans for the park in 1871.2009-10-04
Majestic ApartmentsA four story brick building with sixteen apartments built for P S Savage.2009-10-04
Nunnemacher BlockThis three story brick built was built as part of the Nunnemacher Grand Opera house.2009-10-04
Blossom FlatsA two story brick building of four separate residences built for the widow of Levi Blossom, Cornelia.2009-10-04
Kennebec ApartmentsA four story brick and steel apartment building built for Sigmund Buchbinder for approximately $130,000.2009-10-04
Buchbinder ApartmentsA four story brick and steel apartment building built for Sigmund Buchbinder for approximately $130,000.2009-10-04
W R Sherin CompanyA two story building built as a facility for the rebuilding and refinishing of autos.2009-10-03
Baltimore ApartmentsA three story brick flat built for Lucius Hines which had dimensions of 75x59ft and cost $25,000 to construct.2009-09-18
Plankinton HotelA large eight story hotel with 450 rooms built for the Plankinton estate which opened on April 5, 1917.2009-09-18
Sexton BlockThis was originally built as a four story Italianate pressed brick building with a mansard roof.2009-09-18
Milwaukee Athletic ClubThe Athletic Club is a twelve story building faced with stone and brown brick.2009-09-18
Montrose ApartmentsA three story solid brick apartment building with thirty flats built for the George Adams realty company.2009-09-18
Elks ClubA ten story reinforced concrete and brick clubhouse built for the Elks Fraternal Lodge in a neo-classic style.2009-09-18
Summerfield ChurchA large two story cream city brick church building built for the downtown Methodist congregation.2009-09-18
Garden Theater BuildingA two story brick building with stone trim built for stores and offices and as an addition to the new Garden Theater.2009-09-16
CNS&M Interurban Rail StationA one story brick terminal built for the Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee electric railway.2009-09-16
Manufacturers Home BuildingAn eight story concrete and red-pressed brick structure which was built as a light manufacturing building by Emil Ott.2009-08-06
Preusser BlockA four story brick block built for jeweler, Christian Preusser.2009-08-06
Ivanhoe ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building. It was remodeled and modernized in 1931 along with the Melrose Apartments next door to be one complete apartment complex.2009-08-06
Cudahy ApartmentsA seven story luxury apartment building of 75 apartments with rents originally ranging from $20-$70 per month. The apartment was a real estate venture built for Patrick Cudahy.2009-08-06
Hansen BuildingA five story red brick and reinforced concrete light manufacturing building built for the O C Hansen glove manufacturers.2009-08-06
Milwaukee Gas Light BuildingA two story Bedford stone building built as offices for the Milwaukee Gas Light company as it was beginning to get established in the city.2009-08-06
Schlitz Palm GardenThe Schlitz Palm Garden was a two story beer hall owned by the Schlitz brewery along with the adjacent Schlitz hotel to the north.2009-07-30
Boston StoreA five story brick building built for the John Plankinton estate to replace buildings burned down in early 1895.2009-07-30
Milwaukee JournalA three story reinforced concrete and brick building built as headquarters for the Milwaukee Journal to which they move in April of 1907.2009-07-30
Watkins BuildingA six story, red brick building. The Watkins Building was shortened by removing the north half of the building with the widening of Kilbourn/Cedar Street in 1928.2009-07-30
Seybold BlockA three story brick building with four flats on the upper two floors and stores on the ground floor.2009-07-30
Orton BuildingA three story brick building built for the Orton estate with dimensions of 100x150 feet.2009-05-13
Vogel ApartmentsA three story brick apartment building with a flat on each floor built for Miss M L Brown.2009-05-13
Wald BuildingA three story brick building with a terra cotta facade designed in the Spanish style.2009-05-08
Belvedere ApartmentsThis was the second large apartment building constructed in the city.2009-05-08
Moose ClubA four story stone building which was originally the home of the Phoenix Club.2009-05-08
Irvington CourtA four story apartment building with forty flats built by the Scammon/Tuttle family.2009-05-08
James Martin ResidenceA three story cream city brick home built for prominent businessman James Martin.2009-05-08
Matthews BuildingA six story pressed red brick and brown stone building with terra cotta ornamentation built for the Matthews Brothers Furniture Company.2009-04-06
Carpenter BuildingA seven story building with 150 feet of frontage on Grand Avenue and 200 feet on Sixth Street.2009-04-06
New Hotel RandolphA twelve story red brick hotel with a steel structure built for Archie Tegtmeyer.2009-04-06
Sixth Street Parking GarageA five story enclosed parking garage built of reinforced concrete and brick with space for 500 cars. 2009-04-06
Milwaukee Vocational SchoolA six story brown brick and reinforced concrete vocational school built in several stages.2009-04-06
Solliday BuildingA two story reinforced concrete and brick auto garage and showroom.2009-04-06
Milwaukee Liedertafel HallA 65-ft tall brick building with dimensions of 75x84 ft built as a hall for the German musical society.2009-04-06
Stacy Block A three story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style.2009-04-06
Van Buren & Mason GarageA single story brick building built for the Bachman Motor Company as a showroom and service garage to sell Dort cars.2009-04-06
Gimbels Department StoreThis addition to the department store was built in two sections with the tallest a five story building on the southern-most part. The center portion was built as a four story building.2009-03-26
Jung BuildingAn eight story office building built for the Jung Brewing company.2009-03-26
Lynwood ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with a steel structure built for Olivia Drew.2009-03-26
Candon CourtA four story red brick apartment building with 24 apartments built in an L-shaped plan.2009-03-26
Odenbrett GarageA one story building constructed for the Bates-Odenbrett Automobile Company as an auto showroom and repair garage.2009-03-17
Westmoreland ApartmentsA four story solid brick apartment building with 26 flats built for Caroline Scammon.2009-03-17
Belmont HotelA five story brick and steel hotel torn down in 1997 to make way for the Midwest Express Center.2009-03-09
YWCA AdditionA six story reinforced concrete and brick addition to the YWCA building.2009-03-09
Thiele BuildingA three story cream city brick building built by Otto Thiele to house his drug store.2009-03-07
Button BlockA seven story brick building of red pressed brick and red terra cotta with the bottom two floors built of red stone.2009-03-07
Rickers BlockA four story brick building.2009-03-07
Van Buren ApartmentsA four story brown brick apartment building with stone trimmings.2009-03-07
Milwaukee Mechanics Mutual Insurance BldgA three story stone office building built for $28,000 and with dimensions of 40x120 ft.2009-03-07
Drake HouseA three story brick apartment building with dimensions of 60x120 feet.2009-03-07
Button ResidenceA two and a half story cream city brick home built for Dr. Henry H Button in the Italian Villa style.2009-03-07
Hick's BlockA four story stone and brick commercial building with dimensions of 60x120 ft.2009-03-07
First Germania BuildingA four story brick building with a mansard roof on the top floor.2009-03-04
Metropolitan BlockA four story brick and stone building built in a romanesque revival style for Attorney F W Cotzhausen.2009-03-01
Millers HallA two and a half story brick building built for the Deutscher Maenner Verein.2009-03-01
Julia Klatt ApartmentsA four story light brown brick with terra cotta trimmings building now known as Lakeside Apartments.2009-03-01
Mitchell BuildingA five story high building built with Minnesota granite in the French Renaissance style.2009-03-01
Loft BuildingA seven story brick building with a structure of reinforced concrete.2009-03-01
Werrbach BuildingA three story, pressed brick and stone building built as a boarding house for Louis Werrbach.2009-03-01
White House TheaterA three story brick and steel-structure movie theater built for O L Meister.2009-02-27
Magee Building2009-02-26
Strand TheaterA two story white glazed brick movie theater with stores in the front.2009-02-26
Public Service BuildingA four story steel building built in the Beaux Arts Neoclassical style and faced with grey stone and brick.2009-02-26
Napolean Caswell ResidenceA two story cream city brick house built in the Italianate style.2009-02-26
Northwestern National InsuranceA three story insurance building built in an ornate French Renaissance style with Bedford Sandstone and a structure of steel.2009-02-26
Milwaukee Gas Light BuildingA twenty story steel-structure office building constructed as headquarters for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company.2009-02-26
Brumder BuildingAn eight story gray stone and brown pressed brick building built in the Italian Renaissance style.2009-02-16
Republican HotelThe Republican was a four story brick hotel with two towers over the Third Street entrance and the Kilbourn Street entrance.2009-02-16
Zimmermann BlockA four story, red brick building built in an Italianate style for the Zimmermann Brothers clothing company.2009-02-16
Milwaukee ClubA three story Victorian clubhouse with red pressed brick, red sandstone and red terra cotta.2009-02-16
Cawker BuildingA five story office building built with a steel structure and a brown brick exterior for the E Harrison Cawker estate.2009-02-15
Lake Crest ApartmentsA four story brick, concrete and steel apartment building with 27 apartments.2009-02-15
Ludington BuildingA three story brick building which was originally the local headquarters of Singer Sewing Machine.2009-02-15
Highland ApartmentsA three story building with thirty apartments.2009-02-10
Ethical BuildingThis four story building was originally built as a Baptist church and in 1889 was remodeled into the Conservatory of Music by architect C A Gombert.2009-02-10
Hotel JacksonA six story reinforced concrete and brick apartment hotel with 100 suites.2009-02-10
Melrose ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building built before 1888.2009-02-10
Old Line Life BuildingA ten story office building built on a 50x150 ft lot which was also known as the Madison building.2009-02-04
Hochmuth BuildingA three story cream city brick building built for Frank Hochmuth.2009-02-04
Schaaf BuildingA two story brick commercial building constructed for the manufacture of sausage.2009-02-03
Alameda ApartmentsAn eight story brick and reinforced concrete apartment building demolished in 1986 for the NML expansion.2009-02-02
Amador ApartmentsAn eight story brick and reinforced concrete apartment building demolished in 1986 for the NML expansion.2009-02-02
Hall ChevroletA two story garage and auto dealership building.2009-01-31
Blatz HotelThis five story red brick hotel was originally built as the Grand Central Hotel and later changed to the Wellington Hotel.2009-01-31
Bielfeld BuildingThree story brick building built in the Italianate style for Henry Bielfeld.2009-01-31
Hotel GilpatrickA five story brick hotel with a facade of Wauwatosa quarried stone which was renovated in 1907 from the former Romadka trunk factory.2009-01-28
Johnston Emergency HospitalTA three story brick and stone emergency hospital built for the city and built in the gothic style of the Francis I period.2009-01-27
Milwaukee Public LibraryA large three story Indiana Bedford limestone-clad building designed by Ferry & Clas in a Neo-Renaissance design during a competition among Milwaukee architects.2009-01-27
Municipal GarageA one and a half story brick garage originally used by Badger State Iron Works and later the James Patton Paint and Glass Company.2009-01-27
Bauer BuildingA four story brick building built for Adam Bauer and the location of Bauer Hall in the late 1800s2009-01-26
Gilman ApartmentsA ten apartment flat building built for the Gilman estate.2009-01-26
Stack ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building. It was possibly built in 1883 and designed by Architect Douglas for E W Meacham.2009-01-26
Drew ApartmentsA three story brick building in the Romanesque style with 14 apartments built for Mrs Olivia Drew.2009-01-26
Godfrey BuildingThis eight story building was a very modern grocery wholesale and commission house built of heavy reinforced concrete.2009-01-26
Providence BuildingA five story brick office building.2009-01-26
Jefferson BuildingA four story brick office building with dimensions of 60x120 ft.2009-01-26
Bradley BlockA two story brick building erected for Edward Bradley with rooms for stores on the ground floor and offices above.2009-01-26
Furlong ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building.2009-01-26
Carpenter Baking Co.A three story building constructed for the Carpenter Bakery which opened on April 10, 1915.2009-01-25
Fox BuildingA three story brick building built as a saloon by the Miller Brewery.2009-01-25
Jackson St NatatoriumA two story brick and stone indoor swimming pool and bath-house for the residents of the 3rd ward.2009-01-25
Michigan FlatsA four story brick flat building moved from the northwest corner of Michigan and Jackson by contractor Henry Buestrin.2009-01-25
Northwestern Mutual Life InsuranceThis eight story building was designed by the Chicago firm of Marshall & Fox in a Classical Revival style.2009-01-20
Marble HallA four story brick building which was next door to the Newhall House when it burned down in 1883.2009-01-20
Kresge BuildingA three story department store with a grey sandstone facade.2009-01-19
Davidson TheaterThe six story theater opened on September 8, 1890.2009-01-19
Eastwood ApartmentsA 3 1/2 story red brick apartment building.2009-01-19
Bankers BuildingA 14 story office building built of steel with a brick exterior. The exterior originally consisted of an orange brown brick with art deco styling and light orange terra cotta.2009-01-19
County JailThe jail building was an oppressive stone building built with Antigo limestone and gables with a mansard slate roof. 2009-01-19
Auditorium HotelA four story brick building which was originally called the Dix hotel and was built for around $8,000 for Peter Dix.2009-01-14
Curry-Pierce BlockA five story brick office block with a mansard roof.2009-01-14
Buick Motor CoA three story reinforced concrete and brick auto dealership building built for Buick motor cars.2009-01-14
Hotel MartinThe Martin was six stories in height and was built almost completely of fireproof construction. 2009-01-14
McDuffee BuildingA two story solid brick building built for an auto dealership and garage.2009-01-12
Stag HotelA three story Schlitz saloon and hotel built in the High Victorian Romanesque style.2009-01-11
Hotel WisconsinA 12 story brick and steel hotel building which was unique for Milwaukee.2009-01-11
Bauer BuildingA three story cream city brick commercial building built in an Italianate style for Adam Bauer.2009-01-11
St Clair ApartmentsAn eight story apartment building.2009-01-11
Saxe BuildingA three story building built of brick and reinforced concrete for stores and offices.2009-01-09
First Wisconsin National BankA 16 story building built of steel with an exterior of heavily ornamented granite in a classical style on the first four floors and a buff colored brick on the remaining stories.2009-01-09
Colonial ApartmentsA four story apartment hotel with 94 units.2009-01-09
Johnson Service BuildingA seven story reinforced concrete and red brick building built for Johnson Controls.2009-01-09
Hoppe BuildingA two story building constructed of reinforced concrete and steel with a red brick front. It was built for the Hoppe-Hatter Motor Company to sell Paige cars2009-01-09
Cudahy Tower ApartmentsA fifteen story addition to the Cudahy apartments to the south.2009-01-09
Eighth Street SchoolA three story cream city brick schoolhouse with fourteen classrooms and built of a basic design.2009-01-08
Court House SquareOne of the earliest parks in the city. It was deeded by Solomon Juneau to the city to be used for public purposes on August 7, 1837.2009-01-08
T A ChapmanChapman's Dry Goods was established in 1857 as Chapman and Hassett. T.A. Chapman became sole owner in 1865 and built this store in 1885 after a fire had destroyed an earlier building at this location.2009-01-08
Old County Court House The second county courthouse was a two story domed building with east and west wings on either side of the main structure.2009-01-08
Fine Arts BuildingA six story brick building built for the Meinecke Toy Company.2009-01-07
Isley ResidenceA three story residence built in the style of a French chateau for banker James K Isley.2009-01-04
Eldred BuildingA four story commission house built of brick and stone with mill construction for Howard S Eldred.2008-12-23
Broadway-Wisconsin BuildingA five story reinforced concrete and steel office building finished with cut stone on the first floor and gray brick on the upper floors.2008-12-23
Small BlockA three story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style for Simeon Small.2008-12-22
James Brown ResidenceA two and a half story double residence which was recently renovated in 2008.2008-12-22
Stevens BlockA three story brick commercial building erected for John Stevens.2008-12-22
City HallThe eight story City Hall building was opened for occupancy late in 1895.2008-12-18
Chamber of Commerce BuildingA massive five story structure built of Amherst stone in the modern conventional Italian style.2008-12-18
Layton Art GalleryA two story public art gallery split into four halls within.2008-12-06
Aurora ApartmentsA four story brick flat building constructed for Judge J A Mallory.2008-10-24
St Johns CathedralPlans were originally drawn by Victor Schulte. The tower was replaced in 1893.2008-10-24
St Johns Auditorium2008-10-24
St Lawrence HotelSix story apartment hotel.2008-10-24
Home For The FriendlessA three story structure built for the benevolent society to provide temporary shelter for destitute women and children.2008-10-24
Paul Gilmore AnnexA four and 1/2 story stone and brick flat building designed with all the modern conveniences of the 19th century.2008-10-24
Hollitz ApartmentsA three story brick, concrete and steel building with two stores on the ground floor and eight flats above.2008-10-24
Scottish Rite CathedralOriginally built as the Plymouth Congregational Church with a style that was very unique for a church.2008-10-24
St Johns Cathedral SchoolA three story brick building called Bishop Hall and used as a school.2008-10-24
Arlington ApartmentsA four story brick and stone apartment building with eight flats.2008-10-24
Lorraine ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building.2008-10-05
Ogden Building2008-10-01
Art Millinery Co2008-10-01
Kay BlockTwo story brick building built for multiple stores.2008-10-01
Goodrich Transit Co.2008-10-01
Wisconsin News BuildingA four story brick building. This was the Sentinel newspaper building from 1949 until 1966.2008-10-01
Wisconsin Auto Exchange Garage2008-10-01
Vincent FlatsA three story brick apartment building.2008-10-01
Zingen & Braun BuildingA two story brick building built for the Zingen and Braun Realty company.2008-10-01
Wm. Frankfurth Hardware2008-10-01
John Pritzlaff Hardware2008-10-01
Atlantic HotelA three story brick hotel set on a triangular piece of land. It was built as a saloon and boarding house for the Schlitz brewery.2008-10-01
Dorsch Building2008-10-01
Star Hotel2008-10-01
Somerset ApartmentsFour story brick flats with stores below. There were twelve flats in the building. 2008-10-01
Halls Chevrolet Used CarsOne story brick building built for an auto dealership.2008-10-01
Blair ApartmentsBuilding was four stories high, red brick and with 30 flats.2008-10-01
Milwaukee Electroplating2008-10-01
Second Ward Yard2008-10-01
Scammon ApartmentsThree story brick building with 25 apartments.2008-10-01
Stratford ApartmentsFour story brick apartment building built for Helen Tuttle. 2008-10-01
Fox Film Corp2008-10-01
Trinity Lutheran School2008-10-01
RKO Distributing Corp2008-10-01
Hotel Edison2008-10-01
Wisconsin News CoThree story, store and flat building.2008-10-01
Redel Candy Corp2008-10-01
B F Goodrich Rubber2008-10-01
St Charles HotelBuilt as the St Charles Hotel and became Pabst Hotel in 1892.2008-10-01
Astor AnnexA four story red brick apartment building.2008-10-01
Holmes Motor CoA two story fireproof building with dimensions of 119x154-ft.2008-07-28
Embassy Theater2008-07-20
Sycamore Building2008-07-20
Hotel Michelz2008-07-20
Garrick Theater2008-07-20
Hotel DavidsonBuilt with 100 rooms by John A Davidson. 2008-07-20
Hinkel BuildingBuilt by John Hinkel to house the Central Hall, a popular saloon and eatery.2008-07-20
Gayety TheatreA three story brick and concrete theater building built as the New Star Theater vaudeville house.2008-07-20
Gross Hardware Co.A five story brick building. Built for the Gugler Litho Company and was bought out by Riverside Printing in 1897.2008-07-20
Maders Restaurant2008-07-20
Steinmeyer BuildingA five story structure built of red-pressed brick with dimensions of 60 x 147 feet.2008-07-20
Railway Express Agency Depot2008-07-20
Green Bay Hotel2008-07-20
Republic BuildingOriginally Milwaukee Sentinel building2008-07-20
West Side Turn HallA three story cream city brick building built for the West Side Turner Society.2008-07-20
Fifth & Michigan GarageTwo and half story high brick garage built for Hugo Koeffler.2008-07-20
Koeffler Block This building was a three story brick and concrete building occupied by Schrieber Motor Cars on the ground floor.2008-07-20
Ambrosia ChocolateA three story brick building with mill construction and a concrete foundation.2008-07-20
Hotel TurfA three story brick hotel built for businessman Charles Winterfield. Originally known as the Hotel Eagle.2008-07-20
Lincoln ApartmentsHistoric Lincoln Hall was originally built as the Free Congregational Church. 2008-07-20
Romadka BlockA row of seven one-story brick-cased stores built for J M Romadka.2008-07-20
Montello ApartmentsA four story brick apartment building with a total of 12 apartments.2008-07-20
Auditorium Court ApartmentsA four story, maroon Indiana brick apartment building with a total of 134 apartments.2008-07-20
Library ApartmentsAKA Mozart Flats. A three story, terra cotta brick building with 14 apartments.2008-07-20
St Marys Catholic ChurchRemodeled to it's current look in 1866.2008-07-20
Columbia ApartmentsIn 1939, this building was cut down from its original 5 stories to 1 story. 2008-07-20
Comstock ApartmentsA five story apartment building of brick and stone front with a total of seventeen apartments.2008-07-20
Canaan Apartments2008-07-01
Roth ApartmentsThe building was four stories high, of plain Romanesque style, and consisted of 24 apartments built for $27,000.2008-07-01
Auto Mart2008-07-01
Diller Drugs2008-07-01
Gross Hardware Co.A huge fire gutted the building in June 1964.2008-07-01