Street Guide To Old Milwaukee


Full Building List
Building # History Yr Blt Yr Dem
Gimbels Department Store1A four story, solid brick building with a stone front built in the neoclassical style. A grand domed cupola graced the top of the 4th & Wisconsin Avenue corner but was removed around the turn of the c1902present
Empire Building2A twelve story buff colored brick and stone office building with a structure of steel.1928present
Plankinton Building3The Plankinton building was originally built as a two story arcade of shops and was a forerunner of the modern shopping mall.1916present
Caswell Building4Originally known as the Caswell building, after Napolean Caswell, the name was changed in 1982 to the Posner building.1908present
Gross Building5An eight story office building built for hardware merchant, Philip Gross.1918present
Bartlett Building6A ten story steel and brick commercial block also known as the Brouwer Shoe Building.1923present
Loan & Trust Building7A seven story office building built of grey Wauwatosa stone for John Plankinton.18901936
Security Building8This eight story building was built as a department store for Stumpf & Langhoff although it was for a time occupied by the Lefly store.1912present
Kresge Building9A three story department store with a grey sandstone facade.1931present
Centre Building10A twelve story office building and movie theater built in French renaissance and modernistic styles.1931present
Majestic Building11This was one of Milwaukee's early office skyscrapers. It was 14 stories high with all of the ornamentation and heavy cornices popular at the time.1908present
Schlitz Palm Garden13The Schlitz Palm Garden was a two story beer hall owned by the Schlitz brewery along with the adjacent Schlitz hotel to the north.18961963
Garden Theater Building14A two story brick building with stone trim built for stores and offices and as an addition to the new Garden Theater.19221981
Straus Building15A twelve story high office building with a cream-colored glazed tile exterior built on a 40x100 ft lot.1924present
Matthews Building16A six story pressed red brick and brown stone building with terra cotta ornamentation built for the Matthews Brothers Furniture Company.1893present
Breithaupts Building17A three story, gray granite building with a steel frame built for the Breithaupts Apparel Co.1923present
Litt Building19A four story building constructed of brick and stone with galvanized metal trimmings and cornice erected for Jacob Litt.19011939
YMCA21An eight story brick building built as an expansion to the YMCA building next door. The basement and first floor were built of dressed blue Bedford limestone. 19091966
Boston Store23A five story brick building built for the John Plankinton estate to replace buildings burned down in early 1895.1896present
Alhambra Building24A six story brick building which was the home of the Alhambra theater as well as offices for various businesses.18961961
Espenhain Department Store25A four story, solid brick building with a stone front built in the neoclassical style.18801935
Milwaukee Journal26A three story reinforced concrete and brick building built as headquarters for the Milwaukee Journal to which they move in April of 1907.1907present
Boston Store28A nine story addition to the Boston Store building built of reinforced concrete and with an exterior of glazed white terra cotta brick.1921present
Daytons29A four story L-shaped building built for Barrett's department store.19091985
Stuarts Clothing30A four story brick building occupied by the Henry Gattman women's clothing store in September 1907.19061985
Patton Building33This was a six story building with the bottom two stories built of stone and the remaining floors built of brick.18921996
Hotel Schroeder34A 25 story brick and concrete hotel built in the art deco style for Walter Schroeder.1927present
Strand Theater35A two story white glazed brick movie theater with stores in the front.19141979
Kay Block36Two story brick building built for multiple stores.1909?
Mariner Building37A 22 story office tower built for John Mariner in an Art Deco style.1930present
Palace Theater38A three story movie theater and office building built of steel and concrete with a brown brick exterior built by the Uihlein estate.19161974
Carpenter Building39A seven story building with 150 feet of frontage on Grand Avenue and 200 feet on Sixth Street.19241986
New Hampshire Block40The first apartment building in Milwaukee built for E D Holton.18821950
Central Market Apartments41A four story red brick and reinforced concrete building with terra cotta and stone trimmings.1918present
Norman Apartments42A five story brick building with 26 apartments on the upper floors and stores on the ground floor.18881991
Wisconsin News Building44A four story brick building. This was the Sentinel newspaper building from 1949 until 1966.?1966
Gimbels46A six story addition to the Gimbels Department Store.1920present
Friendship Club47A two story commercial building with a facade of white glazed brick and terra cotta.??
Orton Building48A three story brick building built for the Orton estate with dimensions of 100x150 feet.19101989
Enterprise Building49A large six-story, brick building built for August Uihlein.19061980
Public Service Building50A four story steel building built in the Beaux Arts Neoclassical style and faced with grey stone and brick.1905present
Hotel Atlas51This two story hotel was first opened in 1894 by the Schlitz Brewing company.18601980
Johnston Emergency Hospital53TA three story brick and stone emergency hospital built for the city and built in the gothic style of the Francis I period.18941933
Fourth Ward Square54Although established in 1835 it wasn't until 1877 that the park was landscaped and properly designed by gardener Thomas Armstrong.1835present
Standard Oil Building55A three story building of cream city brick built as the city headquarters of Standard Oil Co.19251967
Eighth Street School58A three story cream city brick schoolhouse with fourteen classrooms and built of a basic design.1884present
Royal Hotel59An eight story brick and reinforced concrete hotel with 150 rooms and built for E T Nixdorf.19261974
Dresden Flats60The building was five stories high and built with red brick and was known as the Davelaar Flats when built.18971949
Vincent Flats61A three story brick apartment building.??
CNS&M Interurban Rail Station62A one story brick terminal built for the Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee electric railway.19201964
Zingen & Braun Building63A two story brick building built for the Zingen and Braun Realty company.19231958
Vogel Apartments65A three story brick apartment building with a flat on each floor built for Miss M L Brown.18941930
The Warehouse Lofts69A six story brick and reinforced concrete commercial building.?present
Schulz Building70A five story brick and mill construction factory building constructed for the A George Schulz company.1906?
Atlantic Hotel71A three story brick hotel set on a triangular piece of land. It was built as a saloon and boarding house for the Schlitz brewery.18911952
Schaaf Building72A two story brick commercial building constructed for the manufacture of sausage.19271965
Cawker Building73A five story office building built with a steel structure and a brown brick exterior for the E Harrison Cawker estate.1898present
Brumder Building74An eight story gray stone and brown pressed brick building built in the Italian Renaissance style.1896present
Belmont Hotel76A five story brick and steel hotel torn down in 1997 to make way for the Midwest Express Center.19261996
Hotel Metropole77A four story brick 100 room hotel and rooming house with dimensions of 50x91-ft.19151960
Hall Chevrolet78A two story garage and auto dealership building.19151970
Essex Apartments80A four story mottled brick apartment block with dimensions of 150x80 feet.1902?
Wells Hotel82A three story brick hotel with metal bay windows extending out on the top two floors into the street.??
Terris Building83A two story brick building with a cream colored terra cotta front.19241964
Somerset Apartments84Four story brick flats with stores below. There were twelve flats in the building. 1898?
Halls Chevrolet Used Cars86One story brick building built for an auto dealership.??
Hippodrome87This large hall was built as the Hippodrome and later became the Dreamland Dance Hall before it became a garage and auto dealership.19071961
Film Exchange Building88A one story commercial building built by the Saxe Brothers as a central hub for film distribution among their theaters.19231968
Jonas Cadillac90A two story garage built for August Richter Jr. for $35,000. In 1950 it was bought by the City from Line Material Company for use by the library.19121959
First Germania Building91A four story brick building with a mansard roof on the top floor.18921970
Waldheim's Furniture92This building was originally six separate buildings which were combined by Northwestern Furniture Company.?1982
Knauber Lithography94A three story brick building built as offices and workshops for the printing firm founded by Jacob Knauber in 1867.1890?
Milwaukee Auditorium95The two story auditorium was a one block square public building with a large 330'x180' main hall in the west wing.1909present
Roth Apartments99The building was four stories high, of plain Romanesque style, and consisted of 24 apartments built for $27,000.19001941
Stag Hotel100A three story Schlitz saloon and hotel built in the High Victorian Romanesque style.1889present
Milwaukee Journal101A five story steel building built for the expanding Milwaukee Journal newspaper in an art deco style.1924present
Baltimore Apartments104A three story brick flat built for Lucius Hines which had dimensions of 75x59ft and cost $25,000 to construct.18961949
Auditorium Drugs105A three story Italianate-style, cream city brick building with businesses on the ground floor and apartments above?1961
University Extension Building107A six story brick and reinforced concrete building built for the UW Extension to house lecture halls, classrooms and offices.19281999
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Distibution109A one story building built as a film exchange and storage building for RKO pictures.1927?
Frankfurth Hardware111A seven-story brick commercial structure with a four-story arcade under large arches.18801980
Flint Block113A five story brick building which was home for the Badger Candy Company for many years.?1938
Plankinton Hotel115A large eight story hotel with 450 rooms built for the Plankinton estate which opened on April 5, 1917.19171980
Gimbels Department Store116This addition to the department store was built in two sections with the tallest a five story building on the southern-most part. The center portion was built as a four story building.1915present
Waldheim Furniture117A ten story brick and reinforced concrete structure with a glazed terra cotta exterior. It was built with dimensions of 80x135 feet.1916present
Merchants & Manufacturers Building119An eight story glazed terra cotta, enameled brick, and reinforced concrete building with a central light court on the south side of the building.1912present
Home Furniture Co.121A four story, cream city brick building built in a romanesque revival style..1887present
Second Ward Savings Bank123A two story bank originally opened as a branch of the First Wisconsin Bank and currently is the home of the Milwaukee County Historical Society.1913present
Bauer Building125A four story brick building built for Adam Bauer and the location of Bauer Hall in the late 1800s?1969
Wald Building126A three story brick building with a terra cotta facade designed in the Spanish style.19291969
Union Station129The depot was a huge towering structure of red-pressed brick facing Fourth Ward park.18861966
Manhattan Building131A nine story red brick veneer and reinforced concrete office building which started out as the four story Engineering Building.1910?
Hotel Antlers132The building was an 11 story hotel with 450 rooms and was built as a budget hotel for men. The grand opening was in April of 1924.19241980
Old Line Life Building133A ten story office building built on a 50x150 ft lot which was also known as the Madison building.1924?
National Bank Building135This building was built as a four story home for the American National Bank.1924present
Toy Building136A six story brick building built to resemble a Chinese temple for Charlie Toy.19131939
City Bank Building138A two story bank occupied by the City Bank until 1965 when it merged with American City Bank & Trust.1921?
Brumder Annex141A two story building built for the Brumder estate used for offices and stores on the ground floor.19271983
Schwantes Plumbing142One story brick building.1919?
Chalet At The River Building143A nine story reddish-brown brick and reinforced concrete building built as a furniture store and warehouse for CW Fischer Furniture. 1908present
Gross Hardware Co.144A huge fire gutted the building in June 1964.19131967
Thiele Building145A three story cream city brick building built by Otto Thiele to house his drug store.1874present
Hotel Medford146This hotel was originally a four story red brick and terra cotta hotel with a steel structure with another five stories added at a later date.19161964
Hotel Randolph147A three story brick hotel which was also known as the St James Hotel and the Terminal Hotel.?1938
Davidson Theater148The six story theater opened on September 8, 1890.18901954
Kilbourn Hotel149A narrow eight story, reinforced concrete hotel with 97 rooms built for George Strohmeyer.19081965
Hotel Davidson150Built with 100 rooms by John A Davidson. 18931936
Pietsch Building151A six story solid brick building which was originally built as a four story for Otto Pietsch Dye Works.1901present
Hotel Wisconsin Annex152A five story brick and steel building constructed as an annex to the Hotel Wisconsin.1924present
Hinkel Building153Built by John Hinkel to house the Central Hall, a popular saloon and eatery.1887present
Hotel Miller154A nine story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of dark brick and terra cotta with dimensions of 100x150 feet.19171980
Hotel Wisconsin155A 12 story brick and steel hotel building which was unique for Milwaukee.1913present
White House Theater157A three story brick and steel-structure movie theater built for O L Meister.19161955
Princess Theater158First opened as the Grand Theater in 1904 which showed 10-cent vaudeville shows19031984
Gayety Theatre159A three story brick and concrete theater building built as the New Star Theater vaudeville house.19071955
Olinger Building160A three story reinforced concrete and brick commercial building.1916?
Century Building161An eight story brick and concrete building.1925present
Grassler & Gezelschap Building162A four story building erected for Grassler & Gezelschap, dealers of lighting and plumbing fixtures.1911?
Gross Hardware Co.163A five story brick building. Built for the Gugler Litho Company and was bought out by Riverside Printing in 1897.??
Toy's Restaurant165A two story brick building which was originally occupied as a business college and was more recently Toy's Chinese Restaurant.1924present
Hotel Gilpatrick166A five story brick hotel with a facade of Wauwatosa quarried stone which was renovated in 1907 from the former Romadka trunk factory.18941941
Watkins Building167A six story, red brick building. The Watkins Building was shortened by removing the north half of the building with the widening of Kilbourn/Cedar Street in 1928.1910present
Republican Hotel168The Republican was a four story brick hotel with two towers over the Third Street entrance and the Kilbourn Street entrance.18841961
Metropolitan Block170A four story brick and stone building built in a romanesque revival style for Attorney F W Cotzhausen.18901976
Bauer Building171A three story cream city brick commercial building built in an Italianate style for Adam Bauer.1858present
Fred Usinger Sausages172A five story, solid red-pressed brick building with stone trimmings with dimensions of 40x150 feet.1906present
Hilgendorf Hardware173A four story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style and known as the Pritzlaff Hardware company in 1861.1861present
Steinmeyer Building175A five story structure built of red-pressed brick with dimensions of 60 x 147 feet.1893present
Lipps Building176John Lipps became a successful operating a millinery business at this site and upon building this building leased it out to other mercantile businesses over the years such as Espenhain and Boston Stor1878present
Lincoln Fireproof Warehouse177A six story modern fireproof warehouse built with two large freight elevators.1923present
Hotel Delaware185A four story brick and stone building built for Otto Schomberg with stores on the ground floor and rooms above.19051974
Williams Hotel186The Williams Hotel was originally built as a home by John Plankinton in which he lived until 1863.18551932
Hotel Maryland188A six story brown brick hotel building with stone trimmings and containing 125 rooms.19101984
YMCA189A four story stone building designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style for the Young Men's Christian Association.18871966
New Hotel Randolph190A twelve story red brick hotel with a steel structure built for Archie Tegtmeyer.19271985
Bank of Milwaukee193A three story gray brick, terra cotta, and concrete building with dimensions of 50x100 feet.1920?
Commerce Building194A six story office building built for Realty Improvement Company of which Martin Tullgren was the president.1928present
Republic Building200Originally Milwaukee Sentinel building1919?
West Side Turn Hall203A three story cream city brick building built for the West Side Turner Society.1883present
Auditorium Hotel204A four story brick building which was originally called the Dix hotel and was built for around $8,000 for Peter Dix.18791965
Blair Apartments206Building was four stories high, red brick and with 30 flats.1893?
Fifth & Michigan Garage207Two and half story high brick garage built for Hugo Koeffler.1905?
Saxe Building209A three story building built of brick and reinforced concrete for stores and offices.1908?
Koeffler Block210 This building was a three story brick and concrete building occupied by Schrieber Motor Cars on the ground floor.1908?
Wisconsin Telephone211A nine story building built as an exchange and offices for Wisconsin Telephone. It later became headquarters for Time Insurance.19061996
Friedlander Knitting Co212Three story, brick store and factory building erected for Hugo Koeffler.1906?
Hotel Mack213A three story brick hotel.?1956
Gipfel Building215A three story brick building built in the pre Civil War Federal-style. More commonly known as the Gipfel Union Brewery building due to it's history as the home of the independent brewery established b18532009
Central Garage217Deuster's Garage. 1916?
Milwaukee Rescue Mission218A five story brick building with stone trimmings and a reinforced concrete structure.19101986
Ambrosia Chocolate220A three story brick building with mill construction and a concrete foundation.19071993
Hotel Turf225A three story brick hotel built for businessman Charles Winterfield. Originally known as the Hotel Eagle.1886?
Lincoln Apartments228Historic Lincoln Hall was originally built as the Free Congregational Church. 18571931
Romadka Block229A row of seven one-story brick-cased stores built for J M Romadka.1897?
Sixth Street Parking Garage231A five story enclosed parking garage built of reinforced concrete and brick with space for 500 cars. 19221966
Gilman Apartments232A ten apartment flat building built for the Gilman estate.1897?
Milwaukee Vocational School236A six story brown brick and reinforced concrete vocational school built in several stages.1919present
Langenberger Building237A three story high brick and steel warehouse and manufacturing building built for the Langenberger Construction company. 1906?
Montello Apartments238A four story brick apartment building with a total of 12 apartments.19051966
Seybold Block239A three story brick building with four flats on the upper two floors and stores on the ground floor.1902?
Wellauer Building240A five story brick and steel building built as a combination laundry on the lower floors and business college on the upper floors.1910present
Carpenter Baking Co.242A three story building constructed for the Carpenter Bakery which opened on April 10, 1915.1915?
Paramount Film Exchange243A single story brick building built as a film exchange for the Famous-Players-Lasky studios.?present
Welch Building247A four story high brown brick building built for the Welch-Esterberg automobile dealership owned by Charles Welch of Chicago.1906?
Community Advocates Building248This building was the headquarters of the publishers of Milwaukee Herold, Sonntagspost, Union Press, etc.1911present
Hochmuth Building255A three story cream city brick building built for Frank Hochmuth.1892present
Highland Apartments256A three story building with thirty apartments.1928?
Solliday Building258A two story reinforced concrete and brick auto garage and showroom.1908?
Highland Avenue School259The original school on this spot was built in 1869 as the West Side German and English High School.19021951
Milwaukee Liedertafel Hall260A 65-ft tall brick building with dimensions of 75x84 ft built as a hall for the German musical society.18881934
Highland Avenue Natatorium261This was Milwaukee's first natatorium and was plagued with settling problems after the first years of being built.18901963
Millers Hall262A two and a half story brick building built for the Deutscher Maenner Verein.18941961
Auditorium Court Apartments263A four story, maroon Indiana brick apartment building with a total of 134 apartments.19091980
Milwaukee Public Library264A large three story Indiana Bedford limestone-clad building designed by Ferry & Clas in a Neo-Renaissance design during a competition among Milwaukee architects.1898present
Stack Apartments265A four story brick apartment building. It was possibly built in 1883 and designed by Architect Douglas for E W Meacham.18811967
Library Apartments266AKA Mozart Flats. A three story, terra cotta brick building with 14 apartments.1899?
Napolean Caswell Residence267A two story cream city brick house built in the Italianate style.1868?
Lion Furniture Store268F C Herbst built this store for $2,300 according to the Sentinel from September 14, 1880.18801962
Scammon Apartments273Three story brick building with 25 apartments.18971957
Drew Apartments274A three story brick building in the Romanesque style with 14 apartments built for Mrs Olivia Drew.18971941
Stratford Apartments275Four story brick apartment building built for Helen Tuttle. 18971941
Belvedere Apartments276This was the second large apartment building constructed in the city.18851967
Public Safety Building277The six story, steel framed building was built as a joint effort between the County and the City.1929present
Trinity Lutheran Church281A cream city brick church with a limestone foundation built in a Victorian Gothic style.1878present
Hotel Melcher283A three story brick building with dimensions of 50x75 feet which was remodeled into a hotel in 1915 by Leiser and Holst.?1968
Cross Keys Hotel284This three story brick structure was originally built by Bailey Stimson for a hotel on Milwaukee's main thoroughfares.18531980
Wisconsin News Co285Three story, store and flat building.19101967
Button Block288A seven story brick building of red pressed brick and red terra cotta with the bottom two floors built of red stone.1892present
Brunswick Block290A three story brick restaurant building which was a model lunch restaurant at the time it was built. 19141972
Milwaukee Building291A six story, reinforced concrete and brick office building with dimensions of 50x150ft.1927present
Zimmermann Block292A four story, red brick building built in an Italianate style for the Zimmermann Brothers clothing company.1885present
Bradley Building294A six story brick building which was leased by Stumpf, Inc in 1926 for a 99 year lease.?1960
Marshall & Ilsley Bank295A four story neo-classic building with a Grecian-Ionic style built of Missouri marble with dimensions of 60x160 feet. 19131981
First Wisconsin National Bank296A 16 story building built of steel with an exterior of heavily ornamented granite in a classical style on the first four floors and a buff colored brick on the remaining stories.1914present
Fox Building297A three story brick building built as a saloon by the Miller Brewery.1849present
Jung Building298An eight story office building built for the Jung Brewing company.19141984
St Charles Hotel299Built as the St Charles Hotel and became Pabst Hotel in 1892.18581932
Blatz Hotel300This five story red brick hotel was originally built as the Grand Central Hotel and later changed to the Wellington Hotel.18721969
City Hall301The eight story City Hall building was opened for occupancy late in 1895.1895present
Eldred Building305A four story commission house built of brick and stone with mill construction for Howard S Eldred.1903?
Badger Apartments307The four story red brick apartment building in which the Water Street Brewery now sits was built for Clarence Allen for $35,000.1894present
Voss Building309A four story red brick neoclassical office and store building built by Herman Voss who headquartered his advertising specialty business here.1909present
Stacy Block 310A three story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style.1874present
Sexton Block311This was originally built as a four story Italianate pressed brick building with a mansard roof.18681971
Loyalty Building312A Richardsonian Romanesque building built as the second headquarters of Northwestern Mutual Life.1886present
Lawrence Block313Almost damaged by fire in 1880.1868present
Godfrey Building314This eight story building was a very modern grocery wholesale and commission house built of heavy reinforced concrete.1911present
Bradford Block315A four story brick store which housed the Bradford Piano store until 1960 when they moved to Capitol Court. 18691964
Broadway Building316This was the first office for Northwestern Mutual Life. It was a five story high building built of gray limestone.18701965
Bell Telephone Building317A 317-foot tall headquarters for the phone company built in a mixture of gothic and tudor styles.1917present
Broadway-Wisconsin Building318A five story reinforced concrete and steel office building finished with cut stone on the first floor and gray brick on the upper floors.1924present
Herold Building320A four story brick building built in the Italianate style with dimensions of 60x60 feet.18611941
Kesselman Building321A seven story brick and reinforced concrete office building built for the Munkwitz Realty Company.1912present
Milwaukee Athletic Club322The Athletic Club is a twelve story building faced with stone and brown brick.1918present
Builders Exchange of Milwaukee323A four story brick building constructed for the Builder's Club of Milwaukee.19021954
MFD Engine Co No 1324The two story brick firehouse building was completely remodeled in 1935 to modernize it for larger fire trucks.18721935
Hokanson Building325A four story brick and reinforced concrete building constructed for an automobile dealership.1921present
Underwriters Exchange Building326A nine story red brick and steel office building designed by the architectural firm who also designed the Knickerbocker Apartment Hotel on Juneau.1923present
St Marys Catholic Church327Remodeled to it's current look in 1866.1853present
DeBoer Motors328A three story brick building with a reinforced concrete structure built for the Graham-Paige motor car dealership.19131941
Grohmann Museum330A three story concrete and brick building originally built for Curtis Automobile as a car dealership.1924present
German English Academy331A three story stone and cream city brick building built for the German English academy.1891present
Val Blatz Brewing Co332A two story building built of Wauwatosa limestone with darker Indiana limestone trim and cream city brick.1890present
Odenbrett Garage333A one story building constructed for the Bates-Odenbrett Automobile Company as an auto showroom and repair garage.19041956
Rickers Block334A four story brick building.1889?
Fire Insurance Patrol335A three story red brick building built for the Fire Insurance Patrol.19081956
Evening Wisconsin Building338The four story, brick offices of the Evening Wisconsin newspaper were built in Queen Anne style with red pressed brick, dark linings and drab sandstone trimmings.18791930
Pioneer Building339A four story brown brick office building which was built on the site of the former Academy of Music performance hall.19262012
Fritzel Building340This building was originally a three story brick hotel and boarding house. In 1939 the top two stories were removed and it was converted into a Moderne style clothing store occupied by Lou Fritzel.1877present
Stephenson Building341A four story building built with brown brick and grey stone accents built for Isaac Stephenson.1904present
Colby Abbott Building342A six story brick building built for the headquarters of the Wisconsin Central railway.1884present
Boynton Garage343A three story enclosed auto parking garage with stone facing on the first floor and brown brick on the top two floors. 1881present
Columbia Apartments344In 1939, this building was cut down from its original 5 stories to 1 story. 1904present
Comstock Apartments346A five story apartment building of brick and stone front with a total of seventeen apartments.1898present
St Mary's School347This three story cream city brick building was built as the school for St. Mary's Church.18941978
Grain Exchange Building348The Grain Exchange Building, aka Munkwitz building is so called because it housed the Grain Exchange on the upper floors from 1935 to 1973.1926present
Prinz Apartments349A three story reinforced concrete apartment building with an exterior of brick trimmed with limestone. 19091966
Argyle Apartments350A four story brick apartment building with a limestone foundation and stone trimmings.18971966
Lorraine Apartments351A four story brick apartment building.18951966
MSOE Hall of Science352A two-story brick-faced reinforced concrete automobile showroom and service building with offices above.1920present
First Welsh Presbyterian Church353A cream city church originally built for the North Presbyterian congregation and was purchased for the Welsh Presbyterian church in 1871.18541988
Hotel Carlton354A three story brick building which was originally the home of Downer College when it was known as the Milwaukee Female Seminary.18521965
David Ferguson Residence355Mr. Ferguson was a cashier and vice president of Alexander Mitchell's, Wisconsin Marine & Fire Insurance Company Bank.18781963
Milwaukee Club357A three story Victorian clubhouse with red pressed brick, red sandstone and red terra cotta.1884present
Providence Building358A five story brick office building.19131971
Jefferson Building359A four story brick office building with dimensions of 60x120 ft.19111972
Bradley Block360A two story brick building erected for Edward Bradley with rooms for stores on the ground floor and offices above.18951972
Layton Art Gallery362A two story public art gallery split into four halls within.18881957
Geo Watts & Sons363A two story art deco showroom for George Watts china store.1926present
Moose Club364A four story stone building which was originally the home of the Phoenix Club.18891957
Milwaukee Art Institute365This was originally a one story, stone faced building built as an office for the Land, Log, and Lumber Company.18931957
Matthew Keenan House366A three story cream city brick townhouse built in Italianate style for early settler and politician, Matthew Keenan.1860present
Masonic Building367This red-brick building was seven stories high with a main hall on the fifth floor.18961965
University Club368A four story brick and stone building built as the clubhouse of the University Club.19041977
Court House Square369One of the earliest parks in the city. It was deeded by Solomon Juneau to the city to be used for public purposes on August 7, 1837.1837present
Quistorf Building370A three story brown stone building built as the East Side Palm Garden for the Schlitz brewing company and originally operated by Arnold & Quistorf. 1887present
Lynwood Apartments374A four story brick apartment building with a steel structure built for Olivia Drew.1915?
Irvington Court375A four story apartment building with forty flats built by the Scammon/Tuttle family.1909?
Holmes Motor Co376A two story fireproof building with dimensions of 119x154-ft.1917?
Ethical Building377This four story building was originally built as a Baptist church and in 1889 was remodeled into the Conservatory of Music by architect C A Gombert.1866?
Thomas Jefferson School378A three-story school built of cream city brick and with fifteen class rooms. A fire in October 1978 burned down the school building and it was completely razed later in the year.18991978
Madonna di Pompeii Church379The cornerstone of the "Little Pink Church" was laid on October 8, 1904. The church was the center of the Italian community when this area of the third ward was a dense and poor residential district.19041967
Jackson St Natatorium380A two story brick and stone indoor swimming pool and bath-house for the residents of the 3rd ward.19041958
YWCA381A five story red brick and gray stone building built as the first permanent headquarters of the YWCA in the city.19011985
James Martin Residence383A three story cream city brick home built for prominent businessman James Martin.18521963
Thiery Building384A four story brick building built for J.B. Thiery company for sales and offices and later occupied by optical manufacturers.1911?
Aurora Apartments385A four story brick flat building constructed for Judge J A Mallory.1898?
St Johns Cathedral387Plans were originally drawn by Victor Schulte. The tower was replaced in 1893.1853present
Hotel Jackson389A six story reinforced concrete and brick apartment hotel with 100 suites.19281966
St Lawrence Hotel394Six story apartment hotel.19291964
Home For The Friendless396A three story structure built for the benevolent society to provide temporary shelter for destitute women and children.1901?
Advertising Arts Building397A seven story red brick office building with a structure of reinforced concrete which originally housed offices for graphic arts businesses.1927present
Van Buren & Mason Garage398A single story brick building built for the Bachman Motor Company as a showroom and service garage to sell Dort cars.1922?
Paul Gilmore Annex399A four and 1/2 story stone and brick flat building designed with all the modern conveniences of the 19th century.1897?
Hollitz Apartments400A three story brick, concrete and steel building with two stores on the ground floor and eight flats above.1925present
Scottish Rite Cathedral402Originally built as the Plymouth Congregational Church with a style that was very unique for a church.1889present
Candon Court404A four story red brick apartment building with 24 apartments built in an L-shaped plan.1917present
St Johns Cathedral School405A three story brick building called Bishop Hall and used as a school.18741936
Dominican Sisters406A three story high brick building built as a convent for St John's Cathedral with dimensions of 40x106 ft.1926present
Reynolds Apartments408A four story brick flat building with a stone front and an entrance flanked by four granite pillars originally built as the Van Buren Apartments.18971964
Wadhams Oil Co410One of many gas stations in the city designed with an Oriental theme for the Wadhams Oil Company. It was demolished sometime after 1980.1925?
Montrose Apartments411A three story solid brick apartment building with thirty flats built for the George Adams realty company.19161964
Christian Science Church412The church is built of red-brown brick with a slate roof and dormer windows. The style of the building is reminiscent of English country churches.1902present
Blackstone Apartments413An eight story brownish-gray brick and stone apartment building with a reinforced concrete structure and terra cotta ornamentation.1916present
Van Buren Apartments414A four story brown brick apartment building with stone trimmings.1917present
Benesch Building416A two story brick building with an Egyptian-styled terra cotta cornice built for the offices of Irving Benesch Real Estate.1926present
Inbusch House417A two and a half story Italianate house built of cream city brick for wholesale grocer, John Inbusch.1874present
Melrose Apartments418A four story brick apartment building built before 1888.?1976
Arlington Apartments419A four story brick and stone apartment building with eight flats.1903?
Colonial Apartments421A four story apartment hotel with 94 units.1923present
South Lake Apartments422A four story red brick apartment building whose name is currently unkown was also named Lakeside Apartments in the 1980's.1923present
Lancaster Apartments423A four story red brick apartment building with 32 apartments that has gone by many names.1914present
Eastwood Apartments425A 3 1/2 story red brick apartment building.1924present
Holland Apartments426A four story, red brick apartment building with stone trimmings and parapet with dimensions of 50x117 feet.1918present
Plaza Apartment Hotel427A large four story red brick brick and steel apartment hotel. 1925present
Furlong House429A large two story, cream city brick home built in the Italianate style for Milwaukee pioneer, John Furlong.1865?
Hotel Astor431An eight story hotel and residence apartment built with a reinforced concrete structure and an exterior of grey stone on the first two stories and red brick on the remaining floors.1920present
Jordan Building432A four story, reinforced concrete auto sales building which was a Buick dealership.19171967
Furlong Apartments433A four story brick apartment building.18941960
Four Sixty Marshall Apartment Hotel434An eight story reinforced concrete and brick apartment hotel also known as Hotel Marshall.19281985
Wayland Apartments436A six story reinforced concrete and brown brick apartment building. It had dimensions of 118x119 feet and consisted of 60 apartments with ten on each floor.1913present
St Clair Apartments437An eight story apartment building.1928present
Timlin Flats438Three story brick building, with 9 flats on upper two stories.1894?
Ilsley Apartments439Four story brick apartment building built on the former site of the Charles Isley mansion.1906present
Marshall Hall Apartments440A nine story red brick apartment building with terra cotta trim built by Arthur L Richards.1929present
Julia Klatt Apartments441A four story light brown brick with terra cotta trimmings building now known as Lakeside Apartments.1928present
Robert Patrick Fitzgerald House442An Italianate mansion built for the owner of a shipping company, Robert Patrick Fitzgerald.1874present
Astor Annex443A four story red brick apartment building.??
Immanuel Presbyterian Church444The church was built at a cost of $160,000. It was rebuilt in 1889 after fire almost entirely destroyed the original.1874present
Middleton Building445A six story reinforced concrete and masonry building built for clothing manufacturer, J E Friend.19121974
Adler Block446A modern Romanesque, seven story building with granite on the bottom two floors and red pressed brick on the remaining floors.18911942
Kirby-Cogeshall Label Manufacturers447Four story building built for the Milwaukee Macaroni Company.1914?
Mitchell Building448A five story high building built with Minnesota granite in the French Renaissance style.1878present
Insurance Exchange Building449A four story, buff-colored brick and stone building.1858present
Chamber of Commerce Building450A massive five story structure built of Amherst stone in the modern conventional Italian style.1880present
McGeoch Building451A six story high building built of buff colored St Louis pressed brick with terra cotta trimmings and designed in the modern renaissance style for Peter McGeoch.1895present
Montgomery Building453A building seven stories high built of stone, red brick and terra cotta trimmings.18921983
Universal Foods Building454A five story high brick and reinforced concrete warehouse built for the Milwaukee Drug Company with dimensions of 77x150-ft.1909present
YWCA Addition455A six story reinforced concrete and brick addition to the YWCA building.1930?
Stroh Building457An eight story, reinforced concrete light manufacturing building built for Stroh Die Casting company.19101998
National Exchange Bank458A four story stone faced bank building built in a neoclassical style. Similar branches of the Exchange Bank were built around the country at the same time.19271961
US Appraisers Store Building459A three story high brick and steel building with dimensions of 80x90 feet built as offices and a storehouse for the US Appraiser's Office.19151985
Michigan Flats460A four story brick flat building moved from the northwest corner of Michigan and Jackson by contractor Henry Buestrin.1892?
Pabst Building462A ten story building with a tower in the center which extended another four stories. It was designed by the Chicago architect S.S. Beman who designed the Pullman Building in Chicago.18921981
Mack Block463Five story, Ohio red-brick building, 60x120ft built for Max Mack. 18821959
Iron Block464The Iron block was officially known as the Excelsior Block.1861present
Bankers Building465A 14 story office building built of steel with a brick exterior. The exterior originally consisted of an orange brown brick with art deco styling and light orange terra cotta.1929present
Railway Exchange Building466A 12-story steel skeleton building originally known as the Herman building with stores on the ground level and offices above.1901present
Noonan Block467A three story cream city brick building of Italianate style constructed for Josiah Noonan. It was occupied by A W Rich dry goods until 1881.1867present
Guaranty Building468A six story brick and reinforced concrete building which was built for Roy Maischoss.1927present
Wells Building469A fifteen story office building built of steel with a glazed white terra cotta brick exterior.1901present
Birchard Building470A five story cream city brick building built in an Italianate style for John F Birchard. This building housed Reckmeyer Furs from 1955 until 1996 and was bought and renovated by Johnson Bank in 2001.1868present
Small Block471A three story cream city brick building built in the Italianate style for Simeon Small.1866present
T A Chapman472Chapman's Dry Goods was established in 1857 as Chapman and Hassett. T.A. Chapman became sole owner in 1865 and built this store in 1885 after a fire had destroyed an earlier building at this location.18851982
Curry-Pierce Block473A five story brick office block with a mansard roof.1866present
Goldsmith Building474An eight story, red brick building built with a combination of Romanesque and Gothic styles used for offices with stores on the lower floors.18931982
Hotel Pfister475An eight story, 200 room hotel built for Charles Pfister in a Romanesque Revival style with dimensions of 117x180 feet.1893present
Buick Motor Co476A three story reinforced concrete and brick auto dealership building built for Buick motor cars.1911present
Federal Building477A four and a half story building built for the post office and other federal government offices.1899present
Lowell Building478A four story brick building with apartments in the upper floors and a restaurant on the lower floor.?1939
Northwestern National Insurance479A three story insurance building built in an ornate French Renaissance style with Bedford Sandstone and a structure of steel.1905present
James Clark Residence480A 2-1/2 story cream city brick house split into four apartments.1890?
Milwaukee Gas Light Building481A twenty story steel-structure office building constructed as headquarters for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company.1930present
Hotel Martin482The Martin was six stories in height and was built almost completely of fireproof construction. 18901958
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance484This eight story building was designed by the Chicago firm of Marshall & Fox in a Classical Revival style.1914present
Globe Hotel485A five story red brick hotel with 52 rooms and a corner turret built for the Schlitz Brewery.18921961
Spencerian Building486A three story brown brick building originally built as a 2-story sales building for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company appliances and fixtures.1913present
Hotel Juneau487A five story brick building originally built as an apartment building with sixteen flats.18901963
Lake View Garage489Built for the Wisconsin Auto Exchange.1908?
Lakeside Hotel490An early three story brick hotel also known as the Lakeshore Hotel.18561934
Chicago & Northwestern Railway Depot491Milwaukee's second grand railway station was a towering edifice of red brick built for the Chicago and Northwestern railroad.18891968
Elks Club492A ten story reinforced concrete and brick clubhouse built for the Elks Fraternal Lodge in a neo-classic style.19251971
Juneau Park493Chicago landscape gardener H.W.S. Cleveland created the original plans for the park in 1871.1868present
Manufacturers Home Building494An eight story concrete and red-pressed brick structure which was built as a light manufacturing building by Emil Ott.1909present
First Wisconsin Garage495An eight story concrete parking structure with capacity for 400 cars. It was built of steel with a Moderne styled exterior of light yellow brick and terra cotta ornamentation.1929present
Sentinel Building497This is a ten story building which has recently been renovated. It was built as the headquarters for the Milwaukee Sentinel. 1893present
Howard Block498 A newspaper article in 1883 mentioned that the previous building was to be razed and a new 4 story bldg to be constructed for Sam Howard costing $12,000.1884present
News Block499A three story brick structure built for newspaper printing offices.1879present
Milwaukee Mechanics Mutual Insurance Bldg500A three story stone office building built for $28,000 and with dimensions of 40x120 ft.1875?
Preusser Block501A four story brick block built for jeweler, Christian Preusser.??
Drake House502A three story brick apartment building with dimensions of 60x120 feet.??
Loft Building503A seven story brick building with a structure of reinforced concrete.1927?
Vermont Apartments504A four story apartment building with 16 flats built for Dr. Lewis Sherman and with dimensions of 41x75ft.18982016
Paul Gilmore Apartments505A four story brick apartment building with thirty units.19151986
Medina Apartments506An eight story apartment building with over 60 apartment units.19251986
Majestic Apartments507A four story brick building with sixteen apartments built for P S Savage.18981981
Ivanhoe Apartments508A four story brick apartment building. It was remodeled and modernized in 1931 along with the Melrose Apartments next door to be one complete apartment complex.18951976
Alameda Apartments509An eight story brick and reinforced concrete apartment building demolished in 1986 for the NML expansion.19241986
Amador Apartments510An eight story brick and reinforced concrete apartment building demolished in 1986 for the NML expansion.19241986
Cudahy Apartments511A seven story luxury apartment building of 75 apartments with rents originally ranging from $20-$70 per month. The apartment was a real estate venture built for Patrick Cudahy.1909present
TMER&L Power Plant512This large industrial three story, red-pressed brick and structural iron building was built as a coal burning power station for the Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company.1899present
Fine Arts Building513A six story brick building built for the Meinecke Toy Company.1892present
Pabst Theater514A three story red brick opera house and theater constructed in less than a year after the Stadt Theater burned down by Pabst Brewery founder, Frederick Pabst. 1895present
Nunnemacher Block515This three story brick built was built as part of the Nunnemacher Grand Opera house.18711931
Johnson Service Building516A seven story reinforced concrete and red brick building built for Johnson Controls.1923?
Pereles Building517A five story brick and stone building built for the Citizen's Trust Company.19031959
Reporter Building518A two story red brick building.1914present
Old County Court House 519The second county courthouse was a two story domed building with east and west wings on either side of the main structure.18731939
Oakland Building520A four story reinforced concrete and brick structure built as full service sales and service for the Oakland Motor Car Company.1920present
Auburn Wisconsin Autos521A two story solid brick building with dimensions of 60x120 feet. It was built for the Federal Realty company.1916?
Hoppe Building522A two story building constructed of reinforced concrete and steel with a red brick front. It was built for the Hoppe-Hatter Motor Company to sell Paige cars1916present
Shoreland Apartments523A four story brick, concrete and steel apartment building with 27 apartments.19161986
Lake Crest Apartments524A four story brick, concrete and steel apartment building with 27 apartments.1916?
Cudahy Tower Apartments525A fifteen story addition to the Cudahy apartments to the south.1929present
University Club of Milwaukee526The original edifice was designed by New York architect John Russell Pope.1927present
Werrbach Building528A three story, pressed brick and stone building built as a boarding house for Louis Werrbach.19051957
Tibbets House529A brick veneered double house, two and a half stories tall built for Alderman Tibbets costing $9,000.1876?
Martin Flats530Row of three story flats built for the Martin estate for $40,000.1893?
Grace Apartments531Four stories tall built of red brick with terra cotta and stone trimmings.18941941
Jefferson Apartments532A four story, St Louis red pressed brick apartment building with dimensions of 164x60 feet.19001967
Blossom Flats533A two story brick building of four separate residences built for the widow of Levi Blossom, Cornelia.18751941
Marble Hall534A four story brick building which was next door to the Newhall House when it burned down in 1883.1856?
Summerfield Church535A large two story cream city brick church building built for the downtown Methodist congregation.18571940
The Athenaeum536A heavily gabled two story building built of cream city brick with stone trimmings. This home for the Women's Club was built for $25,000.1887present
University High School Building537A four story building constructed of reinforced concrete and brick built for the German English Academy.1915?
Raleigh Hotel538This small three story brick hotel has been known under many different names in all its years.18721968
Clayton House539A two story wood frame home which was one of the first houses in the city built by pioneer Zachariah Clayton.1840?
Kitty Williams House540The two-story cream city brick home of one of Milwaukee's most notorious Madams of what was once the red light district.18881963
Westmoreland Apartments541A four story solid brick apartment building with 26 flats built for Caroline Scammon.1906?
Kennebec Apartments542A four story brick and steel apartment building built for Sigmund Buchbinder for approximately $130,000.??
Buchbinder Apartments543A four story brick and steel apartment building built for Sigmund Buchbinder for approximately $130,000.1928?
Goodrich Residence544A three story brick residence built for Timothy W Goodrich and later occupied by Henry F. Whitcomb.1854?
Pasadena Apartments545A four story brown brick apartment building with brick bay windows.1903present
Knight Apartments546A three story red brick building with stone trimmings originally owned by Catholic Knights.1923present
Astor Apartments547A four story red brick and reinforced concrete apartment building with 32 units.1917present
County Jail548The jail building was an oppressive stone building built with Antigo limestone and gables with a mansard slate roof. 18871935
Wayside Inn549An small, old and infamous tavern located on an alley which had been named Northwestern Place. The tavern became a "Key Club" during Prohibition18761946
Municipal Garage550A one and a half story brick garage originally used by Badger State Iron Works and later the James Patton Paint and Glass Company.?1957
Phoenix Light Co551Five story brick and concrete building.??
Miller Flats554A three story apartment building of red pressed brick and trimmings of Cleveland sandstone with 28 flats.18931956
Universal Film Exchange560A one story concrete building built as a film exchange with dimensions of 50x120 ft.1936?
W R Sherin Company561A two story building built as a facility for the rebuilding and refinishing of autos.19111958
Hansen Building562A five story red brick and reinforced concrete light manufacturing building built for the O C Hansen glove manufacturers.1910present
Detroit Street School563A three story cream city brick elementary school built for the third ward when it was primarily a residential neighborhood.1879?
Gridley Dairy564A three story brick and concrete milk processing and bottling building.19091966
Kalmbach Building568An eight story reinforced concrete building. Kalmbach Publishing who had been in the building since 1943 bought it in 1947. 1923present
Light Horse Armory569Built like a Norman fortress, the Armory stood sentinel on the corner of Broadway and Wells for over 50 years.18851944
Chapman Home572The original home of department store magnate, T.A. Chapman. This mansion was a large three story wood-framed building.1870?
Mariner Building574A two-story brick building built by Ephraim Mariner18621935
Milwaukee Gas Light Building575A two story Bedford stone building built as offices for the Milwaukee Gas Light company as it was beginning to get established in the city.1901?
Johns-Manville Building576Six story high brick manufacturing building1894?
Montgomery Annex577Six story high building for light manufacturing. 60x120ft1899?
Lawrence Building578Four story, red brick building sometimes known as the James Conroy Block.1882present
Button Residence580A two and a half story cream city brick home built for Dr. Henry H Button in the Italian Villa style.1876present
Daily News581A small brick commercial building with arcaded facade by stone trim and decorative brickwork designed in the romanesque revival style.18991983
Milo Jewett House582Two story, Italianate style home constructed for coffee merchant, Milo Jewett of the Jewett and Sherman company.1872present
Hick's Block583A four story stone and brick commercial building with dimensions of 60x120 ft.1875?
Bielfeld Building584Three story brick building built in the Italianate style for Henry Bielfeld.1874present
Ludington Building585A three story brick building which was originally the local headquarters of Singer Sewing Machine.18811973
Isley Residence586A three story residence built in the style of a French chateau for banker James K Isley.1897present
Studio Apartments587An elegant four story brick apartment building built in the Spanish Mission Revival style.1925present
James Brown Residence588A two and a half story double residence which was recently renovated in 2008.1852present
Harbor View Apartments589A five story steel frame and brick apartment building known as the Park Shoreland apartments when demolished in 1985. It had dimensions of 80x92 feet.19271985
Gimbels Parking Pavilion590A two story reinforced concrete parking garage built for the Gimbels Department Store.1947present
McDuffee Building591A two story solid brick building built for an auto dealership and garage.1907?
Stevens Block592A three story brick commercial building erected for John Stevens.1877present
Mariner Building593This six story art deco moderne office building was converted into the Hotel Metro in 1998.1937present
La Mar Apartments594 One of two six story apartment buildings built next to each other by the same developer.1923present
La Shall Apartments595One of two six story apartment buildings built next to each other by the same developer.1922present
Harry Manschot Residence596A two story brick house built in an Italianate style for the owner of a meat packing company.1874present
Benjamin F Parker Residence597A 2 1/2 story cream city brick house built in a Queen Anne style.1892present
Knickerbocker Hotel598An eight story brick apartment building with terra cotta trim. It contains 250 apartments with two public dining rooms and two private halls.1929present
Charles T Bradley Mansion599A 2-1/2 story cream city brick house built for shoe manufacturer, Charles T Bradley.18741942
Charles Lynde House602A two story wood framed, Italianate home built for young lawyer, Charles Lynde and his wife. Tragically the year after it was built he died in a shipwreck on Lake Erie.18401954
JC Penneys Building603A two story steel, brick and glass building in the modern style built for the J C Penney department store.19351983
RH Miller Building604A two story building constructed for the R & H Miller Store with a large cafeteria operated by Wrigleys inside.1937present
Trinity Hospital608The hospital was five stories in height with a basement and had dimensions of 142 feet on Wells Street and 85 feet on Ninth Street.18971950
Elias Friend Mansion609A two story cream city brick mansion built for Elias Friend with a fifty foot high tower facing the front of the building. 18771974
Benjamin Miller Residence611A three story mansion built by pioneer attorney, Benjamin K Miller and owned by the family until 1919. It was sold to the Friendship House in 1970.1866present
Jason Downer House612A cream city brick house built for Judge Jason Downer whose estate gave the money to found Downer College in Milwaukee.1875present
Jefferson Building613A five story red brick and steel building built as the headquarters for the Flad and Associates architectural firm.1978present
Hyatt Hotel614An 18 story, 485 room hotel built by the Hyatt hotel chain. 1980present
MGIC Plaza615Two buildings constructed for the MGIC mortgage insurance company sit on a large landscaped plaza atop a two-level underground parking garage.1972present
Masonic Grand Lodge616A contemporary modern one-story building of white and grey Georgia marble and imported pastel-tinted glass.1956present
Marine Bank617Now known as Chase Tower, this 22 story office tower built of dark green glass and steel was built for the Marine National Exchange Bank.1962present
First Wisconsin618A 42-story, 601 foot high tower built with a steel structure and an exterior of glass and white-colored aluminum. The lobby was finished in Italian white marble.1973present
Clark Building619A 20 story office building built of reinforced concrete with an exterior of precast concrete panels with an attached 3 story parking structure. It was originally known as the Greyhound building.1966present
Reuss Federal Plaza620A fourteen story building with a distinctive exterior of blue colored glass built as offices for the Federal government. The interior includes a large atrium which opens up the space within.1983present
Kilbourn Tower621A 33 story, 74 unit high end condominium tower built on former County park land. Large and luxurious 6,000 SF penthouse units sit on the top three floors.2006present
University Club Tower622A 36 story condominium building with 56 luxury units built for $110 million built by the Mandel Group and attached to the adjacent University Club.2007present
Milwaukee Center623A 28 story reinforced concrete, postmodern-style office building with an exterior of red brick-clad panels developed by Trammell Crow.1988present
Municipal Building624An 11 story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of glass and aluminum in a contemporary modern style.1959present
Juneau Village Apartments625These three reinforced concrete apartment towers were built as part of the first phase of the Juneau Village project.1966present
Yankee Hill Apartments South Tower626A 23 story apartment building with 141 units and built of reinforced concrete faced with red brick. A unique peaked roof tops off the building.1987present
Yankee Hill Apartments North Tower627A 19 story building identical to the south tower but with a total of 139 units.1988present
Continental Plaza628A twelve story reinforced concrete bank and office building built for Continental Bank and Trust Co.1968present
Regency House629A 27 story, 274-foot tall condominium tower with 200 units built at a cost of $6 million. It was originally built for apartments.1969present
Plaza East630Twin 14-story, six-sided office towers with an exterior of white precast concrete panels and dark tinted windows.1982present
Plaza East Parking Pavilion631A six story concrete parking garage built with the same exterior of white precast concrete panels as the Plaza East office towers.1982present
Performing Arts Center632A three story concert hall and performance venue for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. George Izenour was the theater design consultant for the performance halls.1969present
1000 North Water633A 24 story office building with the bottom eight stories a parking pavilion. 1991present
411 Building634A 30 story office building built for the Winmar Development Corp for $78 million.1985present
Faison Building635A 37-story office building built for the Faison Development Company.1989present
Bradley Center636A 154-foot high, 13 story sports center built as the home stadium for the Milwaukee Bucks.1988present
Time Insurance Building637A ten story, reinforced concrete office building built as the headquarters for Time Insurance.19701996
MECCA Convention Center638The Milwaukee Exposition and Convention Center or MECCA hall was built at a cost of $15 million.19741998
Midwest Airlines Center639Originally known as the Wisconsin Center, this 800,000 sf convention center was built covering two downtown city blocks.1997present
Plankinton Parking Structure640A municipal parking garage built of reinforced concrete.1961present
Riverside Building641An office building built on top of a parking structure built for Towne Realty.1968present
Marine Plaza Parking Structure642A 4 story parking structure with space for 700 cars attached to the Marine Plaza building.1962present
Boston Store Parking Garage643An eight story circular parking ramp with a capacity of 750 cars built for the Boston Store.1967present
IBM Building644A seven story, reinforced concrete modern office building constructed as a data center with an exterior of precast concrete panels. 1965present
Pfister Hotel Addition645A 21 story circular addition to the Pfister hotel built with 400 rooms atop a 5 story parking structure for 300 cars.1966present
Arthur Andersen Data Center647A two story reinforced concrete building built without windows for the accounting firm of Arthur Andersen.19622014
Downtowner Motor Inn648A ten story, 252 room hotel built for oil tycoon, Emory Clark and originally operated by the Downtowner hotel chain headquartered in Memphis.1969present
Ramada Inn649A seven story motor hotel with 151 rooms built for the hotel chain.1967present
Office on the Square650An eight story office building.1969present
Post Office651A reinforced concrete building built for the US Post Service.1968present
MSOE Fred Loock Engineering Center653A two story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of red brick.1967present
First Savings Plaza654A 19 story office building built of steel and reinforced concrete built for the First Savings and Loan Association. 1973present
War Memorial656A three story modern building built of reinforced concrete and designed by internationally renowned Finnish architect, Eero Saarinen.1957present
Ernst and Young Building657An eight story steel framed building which was developed by Irgens Development Partners.2003present
Milwaukee Arena658The Arena was built to work together with the Auditorium as an entertainment complex.1950present
Wisconsin Telephone Annex661A six story addition to the Wisconsin Telephone Company for business offices. The exterior is red brick with the first floor finished in polished granite.1954present
Blue Cross Building662A ten story pentagon-shaped headquarters for Blue Cross of Wisconsin for a cost of $12.9 million. The building has about 270,000 square feet of office space. 1977present
Robert Hall Building663A one story concrete block building used as a salesroom for Robert Hall Clothes.19481973
Business Institute Building664A three story modern-style building built for the Business Institute of Milwaukee to house classrooms.19411973
MSOE Walter Schroeder Library665A three story reinforced concrete library building built for the Milwaukee School of Engineering.?present
Juneau Village Shopping Center666A split level shopping plaza with two levels of underground parking.1966present
Courthouse Annex667A 4 story reinforced concrete parking structure/office building built over the northbound lanes of I-43.19692006
Roy Johnson Residence Hall668A 13 story reinforced concrete tower faced in brick which houses the first large residence hall built by MSOE.1965present
Heartland Building669A five story building with 3 stories of parking built by the Hammes Development company.1999present
MSOE Margaret Loock Hall670A 15-story reinforced concrete dormitory building with a brick veneer built for the engineering school.1967present
YMCA672An 18 story building built for the Young Mens Christian Association.1957present
MSOE Michael J Cudahy Student Center673The former offices and bottling house for the Blatz brewery which is now the student center for the Milwaukee School of Engineering.1947present
Benihana's674This two story modern building was built for First Milwaukee Savings Bank and currently is Benihana's Japanese restaurant.1974present
Milwaukee Public Museum678The Public Museum building consists of several buildings connected together, the most recent part being the two-story Butterfly exhibit addition built in 2000.1963present
Performing Arts Center Parking Structure679A 3 story concrete parking structure with a capacity of 725 cars.1969present
Thompson McKinnon Building680A seven story reinforced concrete building built by First Wisconsin Bank as an annex to their property next door to the north at 735 N. Water St.1962present
Amtrak Passenger Station681A three story steel framed building with a facade of full height, precast concrete arches which lined the entire front.1965present
Stone Creek Coffee682 A 2-story brick building, originally part of the Crystal Soap Company which later was acquired by Palmolive Soap.1888present